News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pt Harlequin army list vs Tau  (Read 1723 times)

Offline earthpiggy

1000 pt Harlequin army list vs Tau
« on: July 9, 2008, 11:31:16 AM »
So, I'm supposed to have an 1000 pt skirmish with a friend of mine. I generally play with the EO Codex, so all points, etc will be based off of that. Here's the army I've put together:

Squad of 5 Harlequins (2 with Kisses) led by Troupe Leader (Kiss, Shuriken pistol, Tanglefoot and Hallucinogen grenades)

Squad of 5 Harlequins (2 with Kisses) led by Troupe Leader (Kiss, Shuriken pistol, Tanglefoot and Hallucinogen grenades)

Two Venoms

Squad of 8 Harlequins (2 with kisses)

Shadowseer (Kiss, neurodisruptor, tanglefoot and hallucinogen grenades, Veil of Teirs, Impetuousness of Youth)

3 Death Jesters (all equipped with brightlances and phase fields)

The Tau army generally consists of two small squads of fire warriors, three crisis battlesuits (generally armed with burst cannons, multitrackers, and missile pods), a hammerhead (with smart missiles and a railgun), and a bunch of gun drones. Lately, he's been cutting down on the gun drones and started using a marker drone instead.

Tactically speaking, my opponent usually sets up some sort of dead zone with most of his troops, then sends the crisis suits and gun drones for a lot of jump-shoot-jumping over walls/terrain.

Any ideas of how I can respond tactically or any tweaks I can make in the list?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: 1000 pt Harlequin army list vs Tau
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:42 AM »
I think you can drop the leaders from your squads and go for some mimes with grenades to disrupt his ability to just stand back and shoot at whatever comes his way. You hould be able to handle the crisis-suits with the setup you have, but you need to disrupt him, tie up his warriors in combat, and work on hte tank.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.