News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Necrons Zahndrekh and Obyron: Need feedback  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Herm_777

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 Necrons Zahndrekh and Obyron: Need feedback
« on: May 1, 2013, 02:36:27 PM »
After some recent success at 1500 point level with Zahndrekh and Obryon, I thought it was time to expand the army. I haven't played at this point level before, so I could certainly use a veteran's eye. Thanks in advance to everyone who reads and comments.

HQ

NECRON NEMESOR ZAHNDREKH

Because I have Obryon I generally use him as teleport beacon. He can attach to any of my troop choices depending on the opponent. Generally though, he will either be in the ghost arc or will have a despair cryptek with the veil of darkness.

VARGARD OBYRON

I really like the idea of teleporting around the board and concentrating my fire in unexpected ways. Obyron's ghost walk mantle and Vargard duty allows for accurate deep strikes. Depending on whether Zahndrekh is in the ghost arc or not, obyron will either be in the big unit of warriors, or one of the immortal units.

CRYPTEK # 1: Harbinger of Despair
Equipment: Abyssal Staff, Veil

In case I want Zahndrekh to teleport with the larger unit or warriors or one of the immortal units

CRYPTEK # 2: Harbinger of Storm

tank hunter, will either go with ghost arc squad or accompany Obyron

CRYPTEK # 3: Harbinger of Storm

tank hunter, will either go with ghost arc squad or accompany Obyron

CRYPTEK # 4: Harbinger of Destruction
Equipment: Eldritch Staff

Will likely join the one squad that does not have a veil or darkness or a transport for some long range shots while in cover or walking forward. I suppose there are times I could also put him in the Ghost arc if I need him to be more mobile.

TOTAL: 465

TROOPS

10 NECRON IMMORTALS
Equipment: Gauss Blaster

Because they will likely be teleporting close to enemy troops and tanks I choose Gauss. I bought two units in case my opponent has an abundance of AP4 weapons or has a lot of models with 4+ armor saves.

10 NECRON IMMORTALS
Equipment: Gauss Blaster

See above.

15 NECRON WARRIORS
Equipment: Gauss Flayer

Big block of warriors in case I need a lot of shots, or I need an intractable unit in a fortified position. Can be a good tank hunter or a horde killer with a veil.

8 NECRON WARRIORS
Equipment: Gauss Flayer
Transport: GHOST ARC

Can either move on its own or support the large block of warriors. With all the gauss shots from the unit and the transport it could also be a good horde or tank killer.

TOTAL: 754

FAST ATTACK:

6 CANOPTEK WRAITHS
Equipment: 2x whip coils

My heavy hitter close combat unit.

7 SCARABS

My sponge (Honestly I had the points left over and I didn't know what else to get (I didn't have enough for a second unit of wraiths). Its a tar pit unit that will either sacrifice itself to protect the other necron units, or will go after tanks and infantry units that pose a long range threat to my army.

TOTAL: 335

HEAVY SUPPORT

ANNIHILATION BARGE #1
Equipment: Twin-linked Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon, Quantum Shielding, Living Metal

Horde and flyer control. Will support the fast moving infantry

ANNIHILATION BARGE #2
Equipment: Twin-linked Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon, Quantum Shielding, Living Metal

same as above

ANNIHILATION BARGE #3

same as above

TOTAL: 270

GRAND TOTAL: 1849

Offline Davinder

• KoN Veteran
  • Is there nothing Gauss technology can't do
Re: 1850 Necrons Zahndrekh and Obyron: Need feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »
Well... My first thoughts are, that you can never go wrong with Annihilation barges. :D

Personally I don't like using Zahndrekh and Obryon in the same list, as I think it costs to many points (personal opinion). But as you say you've had alot of success with this list, so give it a Try, and let us know how it goes.

I would probably drop the scarabs and one Annihilation Barge, and use the points for a destroyer lord with SW and MSS to lead the unit of wraiths.