News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Cron raiders of the four arks (2k list)  (Read 1580 times)

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
'Cron raiders of the four arks (2k list)
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
now this is a bit of a strange list for me I usually just play test the hell out of units then go for an army that is all carbon copy units of OP death but with my crons I knew from the get go I didn't want wraiths or any of the canoptek stuff . I want a raiding force so I thought carefully about it that would mean warriors and transports - no monoliths, nothing canoptek , very limited amounts of triarch , no special characters, and small squads , deathmarks ??? I really wanted these but decided they don't fit .

so heres the final list

overlord-ccb,warscythe
royal court - 5 stormteks , 1 lightning field

overlord- warscythe
royal court - 3 stormteks

triarch stalker

5 warriors-ghost ark
5 warriors-ghost ark
5 warriors-ghost ark
5 warriors-ghost ark
5 immortals-nightscythe
5 immortals-nightscythe

annihilation barge
annihilation barge
annihilation barge

2k on the button

so I wanted a lot of skimmers on the board which is why one lord has the ccb  (would rather of put him with immortals like I am the 2nd olord). the list isbuilt around the tactic of get in there do the damage and get out asap.
It does actually play as the fluff for the list would suggest. I dart forward haywire the shiznay out of any transports tanks etc in my opponents deployment zone and get out of there asap and onto objectives .

major flaws I have found are:
MELTA- wtf with my tactic of getting close to haywire I also face a melta or two to the face in return so I have to make sure I cause more damage then they do

DEEPSTRIKE TEQ'S- or mc's or anything with a good save I at turn when it really counts so I added the stalker not the best fit to the list but it kinda goes and the tl is a god send

KILL POINTS- or what ever its called now , dam I drop points like theres no tomoprow ... but I guess I just have to learn to live with that as its the style of the list

taking the reason why I don't have scarabs , spiders , wraiths into account what do you guys think?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: 'Cron raiders of the four arks (2k list)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:57 AM »
Just a thought, but if you drop one unit of 5 W in Ark, you could boost the other units up to 8/9, depending on how you want to distribute your Crypteks.

That would make each unit much more durable, help to ensure RP rolls, and you actually gain firepower. You do lose out on one Ark, but I think that 3 with full-ish squads would be just as good, and maybe better. With the extra handful of points, you might even be  able to add a couple of Immortals.

I don't think you even lose out that much by reducing target saturation. Even if one of your units is forcibly disembarked, they can benefit from the other Arks' reanimation boost.

While I don't think there's anything wrong with MSU, in this case you can drop a single unit to make a MBigU list instead. Staying power is the hallmark of Necrons, and particularly beneficial in 6th ed.

Offline Galef

Re: 'Cron raiders of the four arks (2k list)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
I agree with GBT.  I would definitely drop 1 unit of Warriors and Ark to make the other units 8-9 man each.

I also think you should diversify your Crypteks a bit.  2 Stormteks in each Immortal unit is VERY effective at killing any vehicle in the game (short of flyers).

But with such a limited range, I would give some thought to Destruction-teks.  Put 1 in each Warrior unit and you can pop light vehicles early.  If you have the points, you can even add a Solar pulse to 1 of them to boost your skimmers' jink saves in an enemy turn.

For Example:

overlord-ccb,warscythe
royal court A- 3 stormteks , 2 destructeks, 1 lightning filed, 1 solar pulse

overlord- warscythe
royal court B- 3 stormteks, 1 lightning field

triarch stalker

7 warriors-ghost ark
9 warriors-ghost ark
9 warriors-ghost ark
5 immortals-nightscythe
5 immortals-nightscythe

annihilation barge
annihilation barge
annihilation barge

Total-----------------------2000pts exactly

The idea being having your troops look like this:

5 Immortals w/ Stormtek A & B- nightscythe
5 Immortals w/ Stormtek A & B- nightscythe
7 warriors w/ Stormtek A & B (2 lightning fields) Overlord- ghost ark
9 warriors w/ Destuctek A- ghost ark
9 warriors w/ Destuctek B- ghost ark
-----------------------------------------------------------
The 2 Destructek units hang back to claim home objectives and pop AV11 or lower transports, while the unit with the Lord moves up to bring him and the Stormteks in range.  The Immortals get out to vaporize any AV12+ vehicles.  The Stalker shoots at units that you need to re-roll to hit (read: horde units).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:52:19 PM by Galef »
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar