News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500 Point Grey Knight List  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Sparto

500 Point Grey Knight List
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
Having a few quick 500 point games Friday after work with a friend of mine. I will be playing CSM & possibly Necrons if he assembles his battle force quick enough.

Coteaz & Henchmen - 215 points
2 x Servitor with MM
8 x Acolyte with Bolter
Chimera with hull & turret HF

Henchmen - 30 points
6 x Acolyte with Bolter

Strike Squad - 110 points
4 x GK with NFS & SB
1 x GK with Psycannon

Vindicare - 145 points.

Total 500 points

Strategy:

Infiltrate the Vindicare into a ruin at max range from his primary target keeping the cover or better dropping LOS or range from other units. Then take Coteaz & friends up the table to cause Havoc firing the 2 MM Psyber-Eagle & 2 bolters (5-12 shots) from Chimera's fire points utilizing Prescience to re-roll misses, and if anything comes too close light it up with the 2 HF. Deepstrike the SS onto a midfield objective and sit in cover and lay down fire. Deploy Coteaz & friends on and up table using the Chimera as mobile terrain. Meanwhile use the 6 man foot slogging Acolyte squad to pick up any other objective or providing relief the Strike Squad so they can go up field and support Coteaz & friends and/or bloodying up the enemy or if all the dice are in my favor taking another objective. And in all this the Vindicare should be able to drop anything too scary by turn 2, and then dropping in squad threats. Or my opponent will leave Coteaz & friends alone and focus on the the Vindicare (who should still be able to drop at least one big nasty) who should live to turn 2 even under heavy fire, freeing Coteaz & friends to eliminate either infantry or vehicles.

Not sure but i think this could work

Offline Nacretinei

• Eldar
Re: 500 Point Grey Knight List
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »
Personally I would leave Coteaz at home, he is a very expensive model and on such a small points level he deserves to be in larger games.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
Re: 500 Point Grey Knight List
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »
Coteaz adds value for 100 points i.e. scoring elites etc.
whereas
the Vindicare Assassin for 145 points in a 500 point list does not, imho.

GM Rex
7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines