News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knights and Sisters - 1850 Ally list.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Knights and Sisters - 1850 Ally list.
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:31 PM »
I was surfin' the web and I came across this picture and now I want to make a Grey Knights and Sisters list.

This pic made me go "N'aw" when I saw it! :D

Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to compliment each army.  They're only Allies of convenience so now character swapping.  Pitty, I was hoping to throw Jacobus in with some Purifiers. Ah well...

What grey knights have that sisters don't is (and that I own)
Terminators/Paladins
Land raiders
Inquisitors with psychic powers
Dreadnoughts

What  have that don't is (and that I own)
Cheap troops
Outflanking melta guns

Tank wise, I have
Land Raider, Land Raider Cursader, 4 Rhinos, 3 Dreanoughts.

My biggest question is whether to build a Grey Knight list and splash in some sisters for cheap troops or should I build a Sisters list so I only have to take what I want from the expencive Grey Knights.

Throughts?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline DCKeith

Re: Knights and Sisters - 1850 Ally list.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
My thought is that the sisters add more to the Knights than the knights would add to the sisters.

So I would go with Gk with SOB allies.

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: Knights and Sisters - 1850 Ally list.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
My thought is that the sisters add more to the Knights than the knights would add to the sisters.

So I would go with Gk with SOB allies.

Yeah, that's where I was leadning.  So I'm thinking of bringing a unit of sisters in a rhino with meltas and another large blob on foot with Jacobus to secure an objective.  So for my GK troops, should I just minimize it? Like 5 termies and >10 man strike squad for teleportating in?  Or should I got 2 5 man squads of termies?

Or should I just run the normal Troops of decent sized squads since Objectives are so important?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.