News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Final 1500 pt Grey Knight list  (Read 497 times)

Offline freakonomist

Final 1500 pt Grey Knight list
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
Here's a semi-final list for your feedback.  I've opted to forego the 3rd land raider to get a dreadnought and more terminators.  The PAGKs will be in the Land Raiders, which will hopefully be able to prune enemy units as I wait for opportunities to exploit with my troops.  I'm hoping to get accurate deep strikes with the homing beacons, by having one of the PAGKs always finishing their turn outside of a Land Raider.  Once the GKTs are on the table the LRs may transport them to get them into CC. 

Should I start the sniping Brother Captain on the board have him deep strike in?

Have I missed anything? Give frags to justicars or something else to use the last 8 pts up?

Suggestions are welcome.

Total = 1492pt

HQ:
1 Brother-Captain, Psycannon
91 pts

Elites:
1 Brother-Captain
3 GKT, 1 incinerator
214 pts

1 Brother-Captain
2 GKT 
153 pts

HQ Bro. Captain may join smaller GKT squad if necessary before assault.  I'm hoping the two smaller squads of GKTs will be an asset rather than a liability, letting me tie up more units in assault when it comes to that.

Troops:
1 Justicar, teleport homer, psybolts
5 Grey Knights
195 pts

1 Justicar, teleport homer, psybolts
5 Grey Knights, incinerator
205 pts

Heavy Support:
Land Raider, extra armor, smoke
258 pts

Land Raider, extra armor, smoke
258 pts

Grey Knight Dreadnought, assault cannon, extra armor, smoke
118 pts (this may be off a little, don’t have the ‘dex at work)

Total: 1492 pts

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Final 1500 pt Grey Knight list
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »
Instead of two brother captians, have one grand master. He kicks more than twice as much ass.

GKTs, they're great I'd get them two psycannons though (have the brother captian buy one from the armoury obviously), and consolodate them into one unit of 5 models. You might find it handy to have one with a thunder hammer so you can pound big things with it (great on big monstors because it makes them strike last next round too letting the guys slap it about beofre it hits you).
They're more useful to have one squad thats a power to be reckoned with instead of two weedy ones.

Left over points beef up the regular units, or upgrade the dreadnought into shooty death mode. As an aside only bother getting out with the teleporter homers if they're actually somewhere useful, theres no point teleporting accurately if its not somewhere thats going to help you win the game.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014