News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Bad language"  (Read 1342 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: "Bad language"
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2005, 02:47:25 PM »
They aren't, they are just silly words to replace swear words, on RoR the word 'amphetamine parrot' was repalced by Birthday Cake, it's usaully supposed to be jokey and get people to ask 'WTF?'.

I don't use it on my own forum though, but that's because stories need swearing ;).

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Roy

• Infinity Circuit - Harbinger of the Dark Millenium
  • Ancient
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »
Good point Daemonknight. The FCC isn't even an elected body. And, they're full of amphetamine parrot, so to speak. Cencoring swearing on radio was actually the result of a reverant in Ohio I think, (correct me if I'm wrong). He didn't like it when he heard swearing on the radio. Obviously, he wasn't technically adept enough to figure out the "change channel" button, or the on/off switch.

But for some reason, God TV, religious brainwashing is allowed. And THAT offends me! Does that mean people should take it off the air? No. Why? Because of freedom of speech. Cencorship on that level is akin the a breach in the american first amendment.

And to quote Ice-T

"The FCC says profanity no airplay. They can suck my dick while I take a amphetamine parrot all day"
-Freedom of Speech, of the first, (Revised), bodycount album.

The song was made as a protest that Ice-T was forced to remove the Copkiller song from the original version of the album.

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2005, 04:59:50 PM »
Swearing as a perfectly valifd reason for existance: it allows you to properly show discontent and vent off some steam.

Whenever I screw up something important, I ALWAYS swear. A lot.

Might I recommend usage of particularly long swearwords with a lot of hard and loud sounds? Those always relieve a lot of pressure.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).