News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tired of gwsbs  (Read 927 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Tired of gwsbs
« on: January 13, 2023, 08:09:18 PM »
So I just read they're gonna hack our saves again. Sick of these changes when the marines just get stronger. I refuse to change anything. I accepted that we sucked back into the Eldar codex but will not accept that. Rant over.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Tired of gwsbs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 06:41:26 AM »
Harlequins have always had one of the most unstable sets of rules.  Sometimes they have their own codex, sometimes they do not.  Sometimes their defence is exceptionally good, at other times they are as flimsy and wet paper.  All I can say is that I am confident that it will go full circle again, so it's just a question of patience :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 11:42:12 AM »
Yeah Harlequins have always been a challenge for Games Workshop to balance. They swing back and forth with each new update between power levels. I'd just do the best you can until the next update - but Space Marines need a buff anyway by this point.

Craftworlds appear to be where GW wants them however - not too many changes over the last several updates.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 05:40:43 PM »
Sick of these changes when the marines just get stronger.
They may have swung the pendulum a bit far the other way, but you have to keep in mind that Harlequins at the 4th highest win percentage at 55%.  Marines, on the other hand, were all sub 50%.  Blood Angels had the highest win percentage at 47%, and every other chapter was at 42% or less.

So, yeah, it may seem frustrating that "Oh look, marines are getting another buff," but they need it.  Marines are being far outclassed by every other army in the game except for Mechanicum.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 10:59:25 AM »
Ya I've had harlis from the time they started. All the ups and downs. From converting wraithlords with the old jet bike cowls and dressing up vipers for transports. So my problem is that they finally got to a good playable spot for me, not the meta and even accepted the cc weapons having all the same stats to find this out. Anyway, I'll overcome it and continue the quest with them.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 11:15:42 PM »
So my problem is that they finally got to a good playable spot for me, not the meta ...
Sorry, I misread the Meta watch article.  Harlequins at the 4th highest win percentage for the US Open series of tournament.  Overall, they had the highest win percentage for 2022 with 61%.  You might not be playing them as a meta list, but they very much were meta and absolutely dominated the game.  They needed the nerf hammer dropped.  Again, it maybe didn't need to come down so hard, but it certainly needed to come down.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 03:05:21 AM »
if your in a gaming group try some other rulesets, I hear good things about onepag rules.