News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HeroQuest - OOC (one slot open)  (Read 14995 times)

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
Would having another sword or dagger grant me another attack? if so, I would like to purchase one, if I have the money.

1. You have the money for an extra dagger.
2. You do not have the money for the skill for dual-wielding. You could still get an extra dagger to throw at people, but you still have a bow so that might be a bit redundant.

Ok, if I sell my bow and arrows, do I have enough for Dual wielding and a dagger, also what effect does this have?
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
I borrowed the Advanced Heroquest rulebook from a friend and have 2 questions:

1. Are their major differences to the Eternal Heroquest ruleset?

2. Shouldnt the shield also increase the toughnes value, or is there some kind of parry rule?

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Ok, if I sell my bow and arrows, do I have enough for Dual wielding and a dagger, also what effect does this have?
No, that skill is like 1200 gold. It would grant you another attack per turn, which is ridiculously powerful in this system. Pretty much noone has that. There are two monsters that has it in the entire game.

I borrowed the Advanced Heroquest rulebook from a friend and have 2 questions:

1. Are their major differences to the Eternal Heroquest ruleset?

2. Shouldnt the shield also increase the toughnes value, or is there some kind of parry rule?

1. Yes, the major differences are that the Eternal Heroquest uses the Heroquest board, not the Advanced heroquest dungeons pieces, that there are no GM Dungeon counters or treasure tables, but instead an integrated table for determining both wins and losses when looking for treasure, and the addition of some minor rules (interchangeable spell components, shooting passed heroes, sneaking, spellcasting monsters, and so on).

2. Yes of course. Your Toughness should read 6 (+2). My bad. Thanks for catching it. Your Bowskill should also read 8 (-2)

Right, if there is nothing else I will make this the OCC thread and start up on a board for the very first mission!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
Your Bowskill should also read 8 (-2)

Pff, who needs a bow  :)

Right, if there is nothing else I will make this the OCC thread and start up on a board for the very first mission!

Yay!

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: HeroQuest - OOC (all slots filled)
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2013, 05:00:05 AM »
First quest is up!

The deadline for your initial post is April the 30th, and if you don't post that's ok, you will simply remain inactive. If everyone posts before the deadline then I will simply update the thread and we move on.
If there are any questions on game-mechanics or so on, please feel free to ask them.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
Hey Rasmus,
 Could we get letters and numbers around the boarder of the map so we can help say where we want our characters to go?

So I could write something like, Thod walks over to the hallway, and readies himself for any nasties that may try and enter (ends at J 55)

Thanks
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
So you feel it is hard to denote where your characters move currently? So far I have not spotted much trouble with figuring out where you have wanted to go.
If you want it, I am sure I can set something up, but it would take some tinkering to get it right.
What do the rest of you guys think?

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »
I think the current system has worked well until now.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
If it is vitally important, we could just agree that bottom left corner is A-1, and top right is... uh... one second...

AAaacctually Top left should be A-1, according to standard Western customs, and bottom right could be S-26, or Z-19, whichever axis is the letters. The OCD amongst us would likely have a hard time resisting the urge to use letters from left to right, since there are exactly the "right" number of squares. ;)

If a player is concerned about exact position, they could describe it. If others aren't, or want to leave things open for conditional plans, then they wouldn't have to. Pending our GM's approval, of course.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:53:52 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »
Its not a current issue - but just thought it might be in the future...

Thus far everything is working out pretty well.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 02:58:19 AM »
The heroes of my local gaming-group just finished the sixth and final quest in this series, and with the narrowest of margins managed to deal with the final encounter.
We can consider them playtesting for you guys, so that the game now runs better once you get to that point, in about a year :)

Offline skoops6

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 01:45:34 AM »
I'm going to be away for 2 days without internet, sorry about the short notice but its kind of urgent. best of luck, I'll let Rasmus know when I'm back
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:07 AM »
No worries. We will start up Quest 2 on Tuesday unless we get a fire or flood or something.

Anyone care to jump in? We have a spot open as the played for Rudolph had to drop the game.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: HeroQuest - OOC (one slot open)
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »
So we still have a slot open to either take over Rudolph or make a new character to take over the slot.
The group desperately needs your help, your wit, expertise and blood-curdling undead-mauling power!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 02:10:08 AM »
The road ahead is not getting any easier, and we are missing Thod and Rudolph. Rudolph dropped out in a planned fashion, faitherun seems to have just lost interest.

There are three courses of action available to us otehr than pressing on and getting your heroes murdered (you need more people)

1. Finding replacements for the two heroes. So far there has been no interest.
2. Scrapping the game now rather than watch you get murderized in the next few rooms, as you are running out of resources.
3. The remaining players take on additional characters to control, so that you can continue.

Thoughts?

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:37 AM »
i can take control of thod ill have a little look at his stats and start posting as him
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Already looking for a replacement character?  :P

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »
Well Rudolph is without player and we have not seen Thod move in a bit, and it is getting dangerous in here.

Offline skoops6

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
I hate to be the naysayer, but I think we should just can it. we tried our best, but I don't think this game is really meant to be played in an online format. between our difficulties communicating and strategizing and our general unfamiliarity with the rules, we are just going to crash and burn at a later stage, even with a full party. I won't drop out if you others wish to continue till our almost inevitable, gruesome ends, but I don't really see the point.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
It works very well online, providing there is good communication between the heroes.  I don't mean secret communication via PM, as would be the case in something like Diplomacy, but what I mean is that there needs to be a clear understanding of who is going to do what, and in what order, posted in the thread.

I think that the problem that you've encountered as a group is that there is some rather impulsive decision making taking place, rather than a discussion beforehand as to how best to approach a combat, and that this is what has put you in the difficult position in which you now find yourselves.  Sort this out, and you'll start having more success.

Also, I'm not sure whether a leader has been nominated for the group.  If there is a leader, he has the final say on who acts in what order if there is disagreement within the group, and can control absent players' characters too, or nominate someone else to control them.  Having a leader for each quest may also help.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente