News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Coliseum (Game-Thread)  (Read 13280 times)

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
Re: The Coliseum (Game-Thread)
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
Taking advantage of the marine's momentary distraction, Lithe from the marine's blind side, opposite to his remaining sword arm. ducking under his backhand swipe, she drove the dagger up into his armpit, then rolled away and behind him.
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »
Hyrulen had been spending the small bout examining the marine and how he fought. The first thing he noticed was that the marine was right-handed. Good to know. He also noticed that the marine liked to attack in a fluid serious of strikes which, if interrupted, might provide an opportunity to land a blow on the mighty warrior. Hyrulen did not at all appreciate the marine hitting him with the sword, but he let the marine to retrieve his blade. Once the choppa was thrown and the dark elder moved in, he decided to make his move. Hyrulen would attack the marine on the right. This would force the marine to parry with his right arm, leaving only his less dominant arm free to do anything else. After locking up his sword arm, he would parry the second blade by smacking the flat of the blade away with the back of his hand to avoid cutting himself. Finally, he would finish by bringing his elbow crashing into the marine's face followed by a quick withdrawal to prevent any retaliation. Hyrulen followed directly behind Lithe ready to execute his plan of attack.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline CaptainJSparrow

• Today is the day you will always remember...line!
  • Armies: Chaos, Space Wolves, Vampire Counts, Empire etc...
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 06:54:59 AM »
Titus’ eyes followed each of the trainees with quick almost fevered speed. The Guardsman’s yelling almost covered up the whistle of the thrown choppa, almost. The Champion ducked under the blade spinning on his heel to drive his foot into the side of the Ork’s jaw, with a running leap he spun past both Eldar delivering crushing blows with his blunted swords to their stomachs, a final spin brought him up close to the Guardsman, with a quick grin he slammed his forehead into the man’s and watched the fighters sink to the ground in broken heaps.

With a quick bow to Regulus, the champion broke off and returned to sparring with his original companions. The Drill-sergeant approached the downed combatants and squatted down with a forearm on each knee, “So any of you lads still think you have what it takes to make it in this league?” he grinned as they mulled on the question, despite its rhetorical nature, “I’m going to make it very clear, I doubt any of you will finish in the top third of the league, if you make it at all, and if any of you wind up in a death match, well let’s just say I think you should set your affairs in order.”
Space Marine + Pirate = Red Corsair.

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »
Flavius' head was spinning the head butt had been harder than he though possible, his vision was blurred, his hearing as if he were underwater, and the concussion would have him doubled over a latrine soon enough. But for now he had to play his part

"I will do my best drill sergeant! I am ready to learn so i do not let this honoured house down in the arena!"
He brought his sword infront of his face in place of a salute.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »
With a loud pop the Ork reset his own jaw, just one of those perks of being an Ork. He sat thinking for a minute. Well dat git wuz a toughen. But dey ain’t all dat tough. But maybe dey all are dat tough. But I can’t fight nofin eider. He look around past the drill sergeant, trying to see how the fighters got better. They did not fight like Orks, they did not learn only through experience. But through study, from the experience gained by others…

“Boss,” Ungkard addressed the astartes in front of him, “will ya learn me how ta bash fings?” The Ork decided from his fight to abandon the art of fighting with a choppa. Early the next morning he would go to skippy for knuckles, leather leggings, and a bandolier to carry his choppa. But he wanted the one who was clearly the boss to teach him how to fight without one.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
Hyrulen was kneeling on the ground with one hand on his stomach. The wind had been knocked out of him from the marine's blunted blade impacting his solar plexus. Regardless, he had been hit harder. Hyrulen stood up straight and tall and turned towards the human as he mocked their perfomance. Hyrulen was not done with that astartes, he could still fight, but apparently that mon-keigh thought the fight was over. So be it. Hyrulen dropped his sword without a word and left to go train and as large bruise began to form across his mid-section. He was not good enough. He would train until he collapsed.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++