flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 Pt Codex Orks List  (Read 850 times)

Offline Warboss Urgarg

• Warboss
1000 Pt Codex Orks List
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:00:46 AM »
Hey there. Please rate this 1000 pt list for my Orks. My army is a freebooters/ codex (whichever way you choose to say it) list. I have all of the models in this list. I have been playing Orks for quite a while and this list has proved very good against my main opponents Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, 'Nids, IG, and sometimes Daemon Hunters. So mainly marines(beakies) & 'umies. So if you could give any suggestions/ criticizm it would be very appreciated. Also, if you could suggest any other units that would be nice to have to include in my 1500-2000 pt list. I already have to start getting into 1500 pts a box of Nobz & a Looted Griffon. I want my list mainly CC oriented and I only want 1 fast attack choice/ unit. So if you could help suggest anything it would be greatly appreciared! Thank you very much!
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _______
Warboss Urgarg 148 pts
-Choppa; Shoota/Skorcha; 'Eavy Armour; Bionik Arm; Bionik Bonce;
-Trukk w/ grot riggers, turbo boosta, 5 pt armour plates

Big Mek 83 pts (follows Drednought)
-'Eavy Armour; Choppa; Kustom Force Field; Bionik Arm; Bionik Bonce; Mek Tools; Grot Oiler

Unit of 19 Slugga Boyz 177 pts
-18 Sluggas and Choppas; 1 Burna

Unit of 19 Slugga Boyz 177 pts
-18 Sluggas and Choppas; 1 Burna

Unit of 13 Stikk Bommas 169 pts
-Krak Stikkbommz; Frag Stikkbommz; Tankbusta Bomz

Unit of 19 Grotz  89 pts
-Slaver w/ Kustom Jobs Shootier amd Blasta; Squighound; Bionik Bonce

1 Warbuggie 63 pts
-TL Big Shoota; Turbo Boosta; Grot Riggers; 10 pt Armour

1 Drednought 93 pts
- 2 Drednought CC Weapons; Big Shoota; Rokkit Launcha; 10 pt Armour Plates
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _______
Total Number of Models= 78
Total Points=999 pts

'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go

Offline Craftman2

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1000 Pt Codex Orks List
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:11 AM »
I think taking 2 HQs in 1000 pts is a little excessive. Sure, your Big Mek can follow the dread and repair it, but keep in mind that you could pretty much get another dread for the price of the Mek, although I'd suggest more boyz.

Also I'm not sure how effective stikkbomerz are. If you're going to use them in an anti-tank role (which I assume you are from the tankbusta bombz), you might consider Tankbustas instead. Not only are they armed for anti-tank close combat, but have rokkits as well, and get the bonus against vehicles, although they are not as versatile. I just don't like stikkbomberz not having choppas...

For trukks, I've found that a red paint job is far more useful than the turbo boosta. The extra D6" is rarely needed with a fast vehicle, and the risk of not being able to charge is rarely worth it.

And do you not have Nobz in the list because you don't have the models? I would always take them in a slugga boyz unit, and the stikkbomberz could really use his H2H ability, since they don't have choppas.

I hope that helps a little. A lot of it is personal preference, but I hope it'll make you think a bit about the list. Good luck!

Offline Warboss Urgarg

• Warboss
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »
Thanks. I have found that the Big Mek is extremely effective and has come in handy a lot. I luv my stikkbommas. In the past 2 games I have taken out a Land Raider, a Leman Russ, and a Predator just with them. Also, in them I can take rokkits. The reason I don't have a red paint job on the trukk is because I didn't give it a red paint job (the paint job I gave it fits w/ my colour scheme). Also, I've found turbo boosters to work very well in objective missions where you need to get somewhere ASAP. Like in reacon missions or take and hold missions. I don't use Nobz in my army at 1000 pts because I don't have the points. I DO have the models but I just don't have enough pts. I will be using them in games above 1000 pts. Thanks for the help!
                                              Warboss Urgarg

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
  • Check the salad bowl again. You'll be surprised.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:45:37 PM »
The only main suggestion i would have would be to drop the Mek the and Dread for 2 more buggies to full up the squad and more boyz,
but you seem pretty comfortable where you are, so... in your 1500 point army i would fill out the buggies squad, 1 just seems useless, but i guess that is what your opponents think too so they leave it be.

what i want to know is, why do you only want one FA? i am not saying you need more or should take as many as possible, just wondering why you specified only 1 FA.
I never learned to walk the surface on my own
       So lately this ocean floor
   Has been feeling more like
        home.

Offline Warboss Urgarg

• Warboss
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:43:02 AM »
Thanks! I will be filling out the buggies ASAP but the buggy/trakk models are hard to find around here. One buggy actually does a ton for the 30 pts or so I spend on it. But anyways, the reason I want one FA choice is because I don't like the fast attack choices for the orks except the buggies and I'd only want one squad of them. Bikes I think aren't so great, I'd rather have more boyz squad then have trukk boyz. So that's just kind of a small explination.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 12:14:51 PM »
I painted my Trukk black and gold, but the undercarriage I painted Red.  (This is a Stealth-Red Job.  This way I get the extra movement, but the enemy doesn't need to know that!)

Re: Choices

I agree that Nobs for your Boyz Units are a nice idea.  It is SO GOOD to get that higher Initiative for at least one of your Boyz in the unit, and the Nob can take down lots all by himself.

I like your Dread/Mek Combo.  Is it worth it?  I say if it makes you happy, do it.  I think it is useful enough to keep.  I have problems keeping a single dread alive, but I am sure the Mek helps - why not get another Oiler or two while you're at it, just to make sure?

Re: 30 point vehicles being useful... Idea for you.  Ever tried Spikes and Blades?  I like these on Buggies, plus a Skorcha.  You have to get close to an enemy to use the Skorcha, but it is sweet!  If he is still alive, he might just charge you (you want this!) and then he dies on the blades.

FOR THE FUTURE:
When you expand your army, I would get another box of Boyz and go for the max 30 in a unit.  If you find the Stikkbommbas really useful, you could make a couple more of these guys as well (I think the Stikkbomba Box Set includes LOTS of extra Bombz, right?).  And as already mentioned, definitely custom-build (or buy) some Nobz.  If it was me, I would get some more grots also since you might want more as your army expands, but grots cost lots, so if you can't do it, maybe your Big Mek and Forcefield could pick up the slack by giving more cover to some of your boyz.

You might want a retinue for your Warboss... this is highly optional since more Boyz can work just as well often enough, but some people like to play with these guys.  It also depends on how often your Boss gets into CC.  A Trukk could be fun, too (I love these) because they can get the Boss (or some Trukkboyz) into battle fast.  Ah, I see you are not into this, tho, so that's cool, too.  In that case, more buggies are a good plan - I think you will need a little something that is fast as your army expands.  What you have is good for 1 thou, but another 2 buggies maybe would help in a 1500-2000 pt force.

Nice work,
Sol
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 07:12:50 PM »
If grots is what you want, you need to go to ebay and get some of those old school grots, they dont look as cool, but i just bought 20 for $5 US. that sure beats 4.
and if anyone is in the loop, get GW to put out some cheep plastic grots, stink - the weakest model in the game, ueseless if you have less than 20 and there isnt even a box set!
        home.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 10:34:49 PM »
You will probably never need more than 60 grots... 2 full units.  I have 104 Grots and I never field more than 60 since I always want more Boyz as troop choices.

Now, if you have extra grots, you can always use the extras to man the Heavy Weapon Batteries... or as Ammo Runts, Oilers, etc.  Okay, so it isn't too hard to use a few more of these runts!

Sol
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Offline Warboss Urgarg

• Warboss
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 07:40:38 PM »
What I do for grotz is use  Fantasy Goblin Regiment and extra shoota boyz arms & shootas. You put the torso & legs w/ the head and then add the shoota boyz arms and then gun. They basically look like steroid taking grotz. Saves you a bunch of money  ;D. The next thing I'm going to get is a box of boyz to convert heavy support for my boyz & kommandoes.

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 08:09:49 PM »
Could you post some pics of your stariod using grots Urgarg, i would love to see those
        home.

Offline Warboss Urgarg

• Warboss
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 09:44:46 AM »
As soon as I get the last 8 painted(should be today) than I'll take and post pictures. I got the idea from http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9830&hl=grot so they look basically like these guys. Mine are just painted differently. So yes I'lll post pics.  ;D

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 10:14:33 AM »
Those look SWEET!  I love the BICEPS on these guys!  Wow, any opponent who saw THESE would be scared as heck and couldn't wait to shoot them which would be awesome for you!  I didn't know if it would look good, but it DOES!  This might stop opponents from picking on Grots all the time!

Nyce
Sol