News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2010: Suggestions, Comments, Bugs  (Read 45587 times)

Offline Kindred

• Solitaire Llama Lord | Not a Mass Murderer
  • PINK!
    • Turtle Shell Productions
  • Armies: Eldar
Re: 2009: Suggestions, Comments, Bugs
« Reply #460 on: March 3, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
I've been reloading files.... so there may have been some odd behavior for the last hour or so...

As for what you can do if you think the forum is in trouble...   send a PM to me and Rasmus.
Solitaire Llama (Also known as the Dali Llama)
WS10 BS10 S5 T5 I1 A1 Sv1+
Spit, Neck Throw, Guardian of the Sheep

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #461 on: March 4, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »
dont know if anyone else has noticed yet

the member map has disappeared from the top menu bar and i cant find it on the site anywhere

i know you said you were tinkering with stuff Kindred but it seems odd that the member map is one of the things effected by the stunt last night
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Kindred

• PINK!
« Reply #462 on: March 4, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »
I have not re-installed the membermap yet...   That mod requires some additional tweaking on install.

Offline Echo Mirage

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »
Hi there. There seems to be a bug in the search function. I was trying to do some research on Hammerheads, and all the results I was getting were from back in 2002, and only from a few of the Boards, including the Eldar Tactics, Strategies, and Army Lists board. No results from Tau Empire and related boards. I tried advanced search, no go.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »
Yes, searches are not currently working on currnet topics. This is one of those things we are working on.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Echo Mirage

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »
No problem, just thought you should know.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #466 on: August 3, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »
I have noticed that the armies box no longer appears on the members list.  I'm not sure if this is this a deliberate change or some kind of glitch following the downtime, so I thought it would be okay to mention this here, just in case it is the latter.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Kindred

• PINK!
« Reply #467 on: August 3, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »
intentional for the moment. I am looking at revising the way the memberlist displays

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #468 on: August 3, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »
intentional for the moment. I am looking at revising the way the memberlist displays

Ah, okay.  Thank you.

I'm sorry to ask another question (I've been on holiday, and I'm still catching up with the changes), but on a related point, I've noticed that on member profiles, the 'last active' line has moved from its original position to below the trading ratings and icons.  Is this intentional as well?

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Kindred

• PINK!
« Reply #469 on: August 3, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »
more or less

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: August 7, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »
Are the different font sizes working at the moment?

I ask because the first line of my signature is meant to be font size one, but it clearly isn't, and I haven't changed it since I joined the forum, and I've tried re-typing it, and the font size remains the same, so I have a hunch this may be a glitch.

The following sentence should be font size one:

This should be font size one

EDIT: It didn't come out as font size one, and I've checked that I'm doing everything correctly, so I'm very confused.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 05:20:38 PM by Irisado »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #471 on: August 7, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »
Rather than font sizes the current code is based on the point size just like a word processer. So 18pt for that one and 30pt for that one. You may need to go into your sig and add the "pt" at the end for the size you're after.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #472 on: August 7, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »
Rather than font sizes the current code is based on the point size just like a word processer. So 18pt for that one and 30pt for that one. You may need to go into your sig and add the "pt" at the end for the size you're after.

I'll have a play around with it and see what happens, so thanks for the suggestion.

Has the code changed as a result of Kindred's latest update, because I don't remember it working like that before?

EDIT: That worked a treat, so either I'm having a mental aberration, or the way the font size code works has been altered, but anyway, problem solved.  Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 05:33:03 PM by Irisado »

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #473 on: August 8, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
Has the code changed as a result of Kindred's latest update, because I don't remember it working like that before?

EDIT: That worked a treat, so either I'm having a mental aberration, or the way the font size code works has been altered, but anyway, problem solved.  Thanks for your help.
It has changed... and NOT changed - The precedent coding version had preset value ranging from 1 to 8: (size=2 VS size=8pt)*standard text*(/size) for example, but you also could if you wanted have custom sized text by using the pt format, like this (size=2pt)*smaller text*(/size), which are completely different size as you can see

Now the 'default mode' is set back to the 'pt' system, much better that way if you ask me. Oh, and mental aberrations are alright, you'll get used to them... ::)

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm using IE and I find when typing longer posts every time you press a key the vertical scroll bar reverts to the top of the post. Which makes it quite hard to see what you're doing... while you can increase the size of the text box that only goes so far.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2009, 08:21:40 AM »
Are you using IE8?  If so, I think it sounds like a compatibility problem I had when I changed from IE7 to IE8, which I fixed by switching to compatibility mode for this website, which can be found under tools.

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2009, 08:55:15 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm using IE and I find when typing longer posts every time you press a key the vertical scroll bar reverts to the top of the post. Which makes it quite hard to see what you're doing... while you can increase the size of the text box that only goes so far.
This topic has come up before, link.

Just hit the Compatibility button (for IE8, it's up the top near the URL Address). You should only have to hit it once for it to permanently stay on everytime you load a 40kO page  :)

~Thal

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing, 'Hallelujah'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Offline Kindred

• PINK!
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
darned IE8...   

Yup, it's a known issue with javascript, pasting and IE8 in textboxes

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »
Mavellous, thanks guy. Although it does leave the question of why microsoft decided to release a 'incompatable' mode, which seems about as useful as a chocolate teapot. One wonders if they're getting marketing advice from the same people GW go to...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
The idea is that if they get enough movement (and share) they can force compliance to them from WC3 rather than have to actually comply to the standard themselves. Saves a lot of money. For them, not anyone else, of course.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.