News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: color scheme  (Read 311 times)

Offline Always Outnumbered

• Huh?!?
color scheme
« on: July 20, 2003, 08:47:30 PM »
i need help! whats the color scheme for the death korps of krieg? can someone post it and include the highlights and shades for the main colors please? thanks

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re:color scheme
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 09:34:46 PM »
They don't have a set colour scheme. They are mainly dark browns and greys and other drab colours like that. Inking would produce the right effect pretty easily.

From the pics, I think the GW scheme is Scorched brown, black inked, but I'm not 100% sure. It's something like that. Also, a 50/50 mix of codex grey and chaos black would make a nice dark grey, then black ink.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Stratovadis

Re:color scheme
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 01:20:48 AM »
Good choice with the death korps. The schemes Ive seen, are the ones  the colonel said. But, I think the official one its in the WD, I dont remember the number, but its the one with the kroot on the cover.

I have my Death Korps painted in codex grey, with some black ink painted on, to tone down the color, then highlight with codex grey. You will have a hard time painting the skulls on the gas masks (If you are using the Steel legion models). I just finished painting all the skulls of all my army of totempf krieg.

Hope it helps. Good luck with your army!