News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Farseer or warlock?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Iluvhir Strafermeyer

• Ambassador of Craftworld Beaujl'blef
  • Armies: Eldar
Farseer or warlock?
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:49:06 PM »
Hi!

This is my latest list for a game on saturday:

Battalion 1: Ulthwe

Eldrad w Guide and Fortune (for the Reapers) and Will of Asuryan
Spiritseer w Jinx/protect

5 DAs
5 DAs
20 Guardians w 1 shurican

9 Reapers
Prism
Prism

Battalion 2: Saim-hann
Autarch Skyrunner (to run with the Spears)
Farseer Skyrunner w Doom and Fortune. Going with the Spears. The idea is to be able to cast Fortune on the Spears if I feel like I dont need it on the Reapers (why I take it on both Farseers). Still not sure about picking Fortune on both guys though.

5 DAs
5 Rangers
5 Rangers

5 Spears

Patrol 1: Harlequins

Troop Master

5 players

Starweaver transport for them

-----------------------------------------

So that's the list. What I'm thinking about is to take a Warlock Skyrunner with either Quicken or Empower instead of the Farseer Skyrunner. That will enable me to take one addition Reaper, a second shurican for the guardian bomb, and buy some fusion pistols for the harlequins. The questions is, what do you think? Farseer skyrunner or Warlock skyrunner?
"Consider the battlefield: it is essentially a dawn in grim guise. It is a scenario in which darkness meets light and is annihilated by it.
Imagine that the enemy are the shadows lurking in the night - The arrival of our warhost is like the sun's light breaking the horizon. Let the Bladestorm expel the darkness."

Beaujl'blef Philosophy

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Farseer or warlock?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:24:52 PM »
I would actually drop the Autarch for a Warlock Skyrunner.

Farseer Skyrunner should have Doom and Executioner. He should be on the front lines dishing damage. Fortune isn't needed on Shining Spears who already get an invulnerable save to shooting attacks. They shouldn't be in an extended combat to need it there.

Warlock Skyrunner should have Protect/Jynx - Also up in the front lines.

I would also swap the Saim-Hann detachment to also be Ulthwe so that Your Spiritseer can take Quicken and use it on the Shining Spears. I would actually swap the spiritseer to a Warlock Skyrunner as well so that he can position that Quicken better.

Having the same craftworld will allow you to use stratagems easier as well, such as getting a Warlock (quicken) and your Farseer (doom) the +1 to cast a power.

Eldrad becomes rather wasted at this point. Consider swapping him out to put the Autarch back in and then run as all Alaitoc as this list would see much better durability from that since you have a lot of weak units on foot.

Offline Iluvhir Strafermeyer

• Ambassador of Craftworld Beaujl'blef
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 04:53:09 AM »
The Autarch is the one unit I really want to take. Not because he's better than a psyker, but because I like the model. I play Saim-hann so that he and the Spears will be more effective. As for casting psychic powers, you're allowed to cast powers on units from other craftworlds. The keyword is Asuryani, not <craftworld>.

So again - thoughts on replacing the farseer with a warlock, as well as the other bonuses I mentioned? :)
"Consider the battlefield: it is essentially a dawn in grim guise. It is a scenario in which darkness meets light and is annihilated by it.
Imagine that the enemy are the shadows lurking in the night - The arrival of our warhost is like the sun's light breaking the horizon. Let the Bladestorm expel the darkness."

Beaujl'blef Philosophy

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:28 AM »
I think you should keep the farseer on bike, but swap the spiritseer for a warlock on bike.

Eldrad does not need fortune, those reapers already have 6+++ for being ulthwé.
And give the Autarch a banshee mask using the index profile.

like this:
Battalion 1: Ulthwe

Eldrad w Guide and NOT Fortune (for the Reapers) and Will of Asuryan
Warlock skyrunner, protect/jinx

Battalion 2: Saim-hann
Autarch skyrunner, banshee mask, laser lance.
Farseer Skyrunner w Doom and Fortune.

Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.