News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Intercessor Kit  (Read 111 times)

Offline Temperance

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Intercessor Kit
« on: December 8, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
So I decided to go ahead with howling griffons as my new hobby project. Slowly. Don't really like the primaris models as a whole, but the intercessors are cool. So are some others. I'll paint them slowly and hope the range grows in a kind direction or try to convert stuff.

Anyways. This is mostly a painting project on my end, but any thoughts on what I should model them with from a game-play point of view?

I haven't even bought the marine book yet, because the game play is really a secondary concern for me at this point. But I have to give them something. Can anyone give me a really fast two cent summary of the options?

Thanks

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Intercessor Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »
Intercessors don't really *have* options, per se.

You can give a guy an auxiliary grenade launcher and the sarge can take a power sword or a chainsword and...that's it. You can put bits on the guys, I guess--pistols and knives and grenades and such--but they have pretty much zero weapon options.

Offline Killersquid

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Staff
    • My Website
  • Armies: Harlequins, Clans Skyre, Astra Telepathica
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2018, 05:10:31 PM »
For the auxiliary grenade option, you'll want to take one per 5 guys, as it's free and a great upgrade. Always do it.

For the bolters, you have three options.

Bolt rifle.
Assault bolter.
Stalker bolter.

Stalker bolter can be very usful if you want to stay mobile. The lack of ap can be mitigated by the one warlord trait (forget the name).

The stalker bolter I'd recommend this for objective holders. Maybe a 10 man squad you can split.

For the most part, the standard bolt rifle is most universally useful. It has great range which is always nice.

I think if you don't know what role you want, the boltrifle is the best bet.

If You're using white Scars chapter trait, I'd recommend assault bolt rifles, as they benefit a lot for being able to advance.

Stalkers are fine, but they really encourage you to keep the unit stationary, so if you are taking a couple of small squads to hold objectives,that's not a terrible choice.

In chapter approved, you'll be able to add power fists to your squad leaders, which could be fun.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2018, 06:21:45 PM by Irisado »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »
From a modeling point of view, all three weapons look basically the same, so far as I'm aware. They are three different flavors of the same weapon.

Offline Killersquid

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Staff
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
From a modeling point of view, all three weapons look basically the same, so far as I'm aware. They are three different flavors of the same weapon.

They are varients on the same weapon, but can have a drastic difference in how the squad operates.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2018, 06:53:43 AM »
Yes, but as the OP was asking from a *painting* POV, it makes zero difference to the model. The kit only contains one type of bolter (to my knowledge), even if they can represent three different weapons.

Offline Killersquid

• Staff
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
I missed that part ha ha.

The bolters do all look a bit different (they have different magazines), but I'm sure if you don't know, you would be able to immediately tell the difference.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Temperance

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2018, 06:08:29 PM »
Ok - thanks for the rundown guys. appreciate it.