News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Age Of Sigmar movie?  (Read 104 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Age Of Sigmar movie?
« on: August 13, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »
First of all, if this is in the wrong place please move it mods.

Second of all, what’s everything’s thoughts on the idea?  Yay or nay?  And could it be an enjoyable smash hit like Star Wars, or would it be doomed to being an overblown cgi mess like Star Wars?  ;)

All I’m certain on is that the main character(s) should be Stormcast.  And the main antagonists should probably be chaos.

Offline Killersquid

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Staff
    • My Website
  • Armies: Harlequins, Iron Warriors, Khorne Bloodbound
Re: Age Of Sigmar movie?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:43:26 AM »
First of all, if this is in the wrong place please move it mods.

Second of all, what’s everything’s thoughts on the idea?  Yay or nay?  And could it be an enjoyable smash hit like Star Wars, or would it be doomed to being an overblown cgi mess like Star Wars?  ;)

All I’m certain on is that the main character(s) should be Stormcast.  And the main antagonists should probably be chaos.

I'd be happy to watch one. Quality, and how folks like it, would depend on how it's made. I think super hero movies is a good comparison. Adapted from source material, and could be good or bad depending on who writes it,who directs it, and who is in it. Hard to say besides that.

Game of Thrones is a very chunky fantasy series with lots of exposition and moving parts, and it's a huge success. the MCU has proven the similar with Sci-fi comic book movies. There is an audience for that sort of theme of stuff. Just depends if it's a Fantastic Four or an Iron Man based on script and director.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Age Of Sigmar movie?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:05:59 AM »
There’s a thought, an AoS tv show...

But yeah, GoT and the MCU would be my go to inspiration for how to do it too.  I would keep it to a simple story to avoid convolution, stick to the source material, and since AoS is what it is, I’d have a little bit of fun with it too.  Probably shouldn’t take itself too seriously...but it could do when it needs to.  Just like the MCU.

Speaking of the MCU, it could easily have a shared universe.  Maybe a few individual movies focusing on heroes with their own stories who then meet up avengers style for, I don’t know, the silver tower?