News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: We Happy Few  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
We Happy Few
« on: August 12, 2018, 06:20:56 PM »
Anyone playing it?

It first came to my attention late last year, and I’ve been following its progress ever since.  Got my copy on Friday.  It’s got a lot of atmosphere in the same vein as bioshock, but my enjoyment of it has been hampered a little bit by some noticeable bugs and glitches.  There’s one side mission I will be unable every to finish for example.  I’ll save judgement until I finish it but so far it’s ok.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: We Happy Few
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:32:19 PM »
This is a game that I've kept seeing popup over the years, but never really had much interest to play it. Don't get me wrong, I think the concept is cool and I think the game has great potential. Just not for me I think ;D. I'm not great at games were infiltration and stealth are required in good supply, I'm too impatient :P. Shame about the bugs though, I understand your frustration completely. Some games that I look forward to, I just never get around too, because of the several months spent fixing bugs after the release. I guess it just depends on the developer. For Devs like Obsidian, then I don't mind as much, because I still feel that I love the games they make.

For games like Spellforce 3, which I was looking forward to for months, I just lost all enthusiasm at the sheer amount of game breaking bugs included in the release even after an extensive beta. Just depends on which games you like enough that you want to stick with and watch the Devs fix them :).

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:57:13 AM »
I do not play that game but I have some very strong interested toward the story, I would love it if you could do a full feedback once you are done so that I can have an idea whether to make the last step in purchasing it or not ^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
@ Myen’Tal

Funny you should say that, because during the stealthy bits I’m finding myself resorting to just running around the place throwing glass bottles at people who find me.

@ Grizzlykin

Sure thing!  I’d love to offer full feedback when I’ve finished it.  Hopefully it won’t take me too long to so.