News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Conclaves of the Asur (Enoys of the Hunt!)  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Armies: Idoneth, Daughters of Khaine, Sylvaneth
Re: Conclaves of the Asur (W.I.P. Akhelian King)
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
Hi guys, does anyone have any advice for reassembling an airbrush?

I've gotten both of my brushes dissembled for some cleaning... now I'm trying to figure out how the trigger goes back into the brush correctly... everything is else is relatively simple and straightforward.

Any advice?
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, GK, Necrons, DW, BL
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2019, 07:08:09 PM »
If it's the one you pictured it should have a spring that goes under the trigger and the little angle bracket goes behind it with the bend aiming to the back. Then slide the needle thru and adjust it. Hope this helps.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

01000101 01101100 01100100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01010010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00100001

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
Thanks for the info, Dread! Will try that!

Also, been slaving away to bring glory to Khaine!!!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:39:11 AM by Myen'Tal »
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »
Went back and touched up some of the Kurnoth Hunters, then finished and based three squads today!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2019, 05:44:12 AM »
check out Basic Stuff - Don's Airbrush Tips

it has a basic drawing of an airbrush cross section.

The wood elves are looking good, its going to looks really interesting on the table.

Offline Myen'Tal

Re: Conclaves of the Asur (Enoys of the Hunt!)
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
Thanks, Mage, so I figured out how to reassemble thanks to your link. Problem is now that the trigger is not flexing anymore.

Any tips?

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »
Thanks, Mage, so I figured out how to reassemble thanks to your link. Problem is now that the trigger is not flexing anymore.

Any tips?

By flexing, do you mean its not bouncing back to the ready position very well? For me, this happened as the "rocker" was in a bad position when I put the "needle tube" back in. Effectively the rocker was just on a bad angle.

So I rebuild the airbrush by:
Trigger, rocket (using tweezers), load the needle from the front as a bent needle tip can damage the "tip" causing air to rush back into your paint chamber. Then load the "needle tube", spring and spring adjuster, no chuck just yet.

Pull the needle in so you can see the tip of the needle in the paint well. Then very carefully screw the tip back in, I say carefully as I have over tightened the tip, which snaps off, leaving the thread still in the air brush, luckily it was a cheapo I learned that lesson on.

I then finish the back end of the brush, test the trigger and needle movement, then add the regulator and end cap on the front, finally the air valve, which I leave connected to the hose any way.

Then water test to make sure there is no bubble forming in the paint well or any leaks, both are signs that something is not sealing correctly.

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »
Thanks for the info, Mage, I think I've succeeded!!! Going to test it later in the week. Need more Sylvaneth to paint!!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, GK, Necrons, DW, BL
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2019, 12:28:55 AM »
They look great. I'll bet they look great on a woodland game table. Make sure you take pics when you put them in a game. The DoK are gonna look great, so impressive already. Waiting for more completions on them as well.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

01000101 01101100 01100100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01010010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00100001