Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I'm actually planning to relocate to a new city to start working a new job. I'll actually be moving into a house for the foreseeable future, and I'm preparing to utilize a piece of that much larger space for... you guessed it! A new hobby area!
My painting has been on hold as I am packing stuff up and organizing it for the move this coming Friday. I don't have much stuff, sharing an apartment currently with one of siblings. It shouldn't take too long to get situated I think.
But I've avowed that once the hobby area is up and running, I'll be redoubling my efforts on the Idoneth! Really want to get this army readied for war!
So what have I been up to?
1) Bought my fourth Akhelian King Box, this time I'm planning on airbrushing him alongside my Eidolon.
2) Assembling a Ghostkeel Battlesuit.
3) Preparing to referee an AoS match between two friends to introduce them into the hobby.
4) Bought into temptation and acquired a good chunk of goblins. I've actually been hit with a cool idea to utilize a color wheel to find a nice triad of colors for them. Cyan + Purple + Orange. I'm thinking each Night Goblin unit will be painted in different variations of the Triad, but will retain the three main colors to keep them cohesive. The Squigs... well they will be more riotous in their color scheme! Wish me luck!
5) Gearing up to acquire an Airbrush and compressor. I'm looking at the Iwata Medea Eclipse HP CS and their Ninja jet Pro Compressor.
6) I also now have the ambition to start moving away from Citadel GW paint range. Now that they're going up in price again, coupled with the fact that they offer less paint, worse bottles that they come in compared to the competition, it just doesn't make sense to remain with it. I'm actually looking at the Vallejo Game and Game Air Range, perhaps coupled with some of their Mecha range paints. Anyone have any advice on how to best utilize these Vallejo paints?
7) Anyone have any ideas on how to create a gaming table for either 40000 or AoS? My friends and I might be interested in collaborating with each other to build one up. Especially with the new Urban Conquest book coming out soon!