flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I did a drawing!  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: I did a drawing!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 06:28:01 AM »
I did also manage to make this:

I really like that as there is a real sense of movement to it. Also I can see the potential for the colours in this one as were the colour is solid and within the lines on the Squig it looks really good.

Obviously these are all GWís IP, but Iím hoping that the practice I get from them will help me develop my own ideas and characters in future.  Then I can hopefully get paid for this!  ;D

I look forward to seeing your own creations.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 11:30:01 AM »
Those look great, Calamity! I'm certain you'll get an understanding of the colors with a little more practice. I love that Squig Hopper Boss sketch! He bears a lot of resemblance to the actual model. That is impressive 8). Would also like to see some of original ideas at some point.
ďEvil is relativeÖYou canít hang a sign on it. You canít touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.Ē
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »
Thanks guys!  :)

Iíve been practicing working with the colours, first as sketching.  Hereís what I achieved:

Now I realise thatís a little different to what Iíve been doing.  But it is great practice!  And itís taught me a lot about how the app works.  Iím currently working on applying it in colour on my previous work.  Stay tuned!

EDIT: Finished!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:20:12 PM by Calamity »

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:22:43 AM »
I am no artist, so don't really know what I am on about, but it seems to me that the shading you have used somehow adds a little character/definition to your sketches that is missing from the plain and coloured sketches.
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 11:07:14 AM »
I am no artist, so don't really know what I am on about, but it seems to me that the shading you have used somehow adds a little character/definition to your sketches that is missing from the plain and coloured sketches.

Thanks Alienscar! :)

Iím liking the shading a lot more than the colours myself.  Theyíre much easier to do and they look much better imo.  The one weak aspect of this app is the colours imo.  Theyíre very...mismatched. :P

Also, I finally got a paid commission!  Well, commission sounds a little formal, but it is paid!  I canít show it just yet.  Not until that person receives it, but in the meantime, I can share this:

Thatís a little Destiny fan art there.  My Guardian wearing their ĎFuture War Cultí armour with their ghost in its FWC shell.  Personally I think the right arm holding the gun could do with some work but otherwise Iím pretty happy with it.  And again, Iím hoping to do more original work asap.

This is the most drawing Iíve done in 10+ years. :D

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 11:27:19 AM »
Iím liking the shading a lot more than the colours myself.  Theyíre much easier to do and they look much better imo.  The one weak aspect of this app is the colours imo.  Theyíre very...mismatched. :P

I totally agree with you, Calamity the shading really adds something and your sketches look really good because of it.

Personally I think the right arm holding the gun could do with some work but otherwise Iím pretty happy with it.

Again I agree with you the right hand/gun stock does not seem as defined as the rest of the sketch.

Also (and this might just be the non-artist in me speaking) the right leg looks like we are looking at it from a side on point of view, but the rest of the figure seems to be drawn looking straight on. My imagination expects the torso to be twisted around because of the stance of the right leg.

Also, I finally got a paid commission!  Well, commission sounds a little formal, but it is paid! 

That is good news, I hope it leads to more paid work for you.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 01:10:54 PM »
Again I agree with you the right hand/gun stock does not seem as defined as the rest of the sketch.

Also (and this might just be the non-artist in me speaking) the right leg looks like we are looking at it from a side on point of view, but the rest of the figure seems to be drawn looking straight on. My imagination expects the torso to be twisted around because of the stance of the right leg.

Ah, I know what that might be.  The character wears a sort of lioncoth called a Ďmarkí, the character classes unique armour piece.  In this case, itís wrapped around his leg, and that might be what youíre seeing.

Hereís my reference image:

See what I mean now?

Although looking at it, itís made me realise that that bit is very underdone.  So between that and the arm with the gun, I think that this pic needs a second look.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 02:28:52 PM »
Ah, I know what that might be.  The character wears a sort of lioncoth called a Ďmarkí, the character classes unique armour piece.  In this case, itís wrapped around his leg, and that might be what youíre seeing.

Hereís my reference image:

See what I mean now?

Oh that makes a lot more sense now that you have pointed it out.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 03:36:48 PM »
Yep, and now that the commission piece has been cleared, I can happily share it:

Guess who that is?  ;D

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:52:39 AM »
Nice, Bruce Lee if I am not mistaken.

I think his right bicep could be more defined, but other than that you have nailed it.