News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: BattleTech  (Read 2933 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • I am a Hufflepuff
Re: BattleTech
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »
Panzyr was a pain in the arse as the APCs are ridiculously fast and armoured. It wasn't till I realised you could block the two gates with a standing mech that the mission turned out to be a doddle.

Captured Highlanders later on only have an AC 10, lostech and all that.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Battle Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • Custodes are to Astartes as they are to mortal men
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Harlequins
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
I sacrificed the wounded because I was running all heavy / assault and had no way to make it there in the two turns after they dropped while also defending the main objective.

As for later highlanders not having gauss, that's fine.  Just slap an AC20 on them instead lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • I am a Hufflepuff
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
I have. That's what made the last mission such fun. Three AC-20+++ and a Gauss Rifle along with copious LRM 20+++ makes short work of must things. Add precision aim and the evil villainess was dead before she'd finished her monologuing.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
This game is such a beslubbering tease lol.

"Our scans indicate a very heavy mech at this planet.  It's going to be a trap, but let's see what happens!"

Arrive at the primary mission objective, and it is an 80t PPC carrier. *Facepalm* lol

What I'm still trying to wrap my head around is how is something like that 80t, when it is about the size of a mech's foot and they are only 60t.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
  • I am a Hufflepuff
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:11 PM »
Happens a lot. Disgustingly easy to kill and then mop up the support lance(s). Think of it as easy money.
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2018, 11:53:52 PM »
I don't want easy money.  I want good mechs to salvage lol
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
  • I am a Hufflepuff
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »
Then you need the assassination missions. Usually a heavy/assault mech involved with those once you've got some of your own. Border worlds have a few of them pop up. Hang around the Fed Suns and you'll snag a Victor easily enough. A "we don't have a claim on this world but the nobles have requested help" mission had a poorly supported King Crab begging to be kneecapped.
Drink
Knights Tippler