News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects  (Read 88179 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | I killed Dayan and all I got was this stupid rock...
  • Global Moderator
  • Soņando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #1040 on: January 19, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »
Thanks so much Irisado. It was a really fun game... and boy I tell you 1250 pts is such a fun breezy way to enjoy the game. If you ever decide to dip your toe back in I think this the points level you'd enjoy. My friend Brian from Splintermind and all his gamer buds (all hobby masters far beyond my abilities) play at this level and they love it.

Unless there is a total rewrite and streamlining of the rules, I'll never play 40K again.  I'm happy just to read battle reports from those who still enjoy playing and comment on those instead, as it's more rewarding :).

I forgot to mention the Striking Scorpions when discussing the battle.  It was always going to be tough match-up for them against Imperial Guard, given that they're on foot, but coming in on the wrong flank didn't exactly help.  I'm sure they'll bounce back though.

Oh, and Happy New Year to you as well :).

You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Looshkin

« Reply #1041 on: January 21, 2017, 04:28:31 AM »
Sweet work Cav! That was a cool little Bat Rep. I look forward to a scrap where your bro takes a force a little more optimised for Eldar, but a good win for you and some fantastic pics of 2 great armies.

Thanks for the WiPs. It really is interesting to see how your stages progress. That farseer is shaping up nicely, the berserker too. I'm interested to see the finish you get on the recess highlights on the marine. By that, I mean areas like his 'horns', where you have a large flat red area that you've started highlighting. I've always had trouble making those look good, so hopefully you do something that makes it all make sense for me!

Cracking work though Cav, really good updates. Thanks for sharing!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1042 on: Yesterday at 12:45:53 PM »
@Irisado- That re-write seems to be just around the corner!

@Looshkin- Thanks man glad you enjoyed the bat-rep. No probl on the WIP updates. Hope you like I did with the horns on the Berserker. I just do a a deep wash, clean it up and then hit it with a single 1 layer highlight of Mephiston. I did similar stuff on the sort of rounded areas of the breast plate as well. If you go any higher it sort of confuses up the highlight system as the most raised/sharp areas are no longer getting the brightest highlight. Thanks man!

@Everybody- Well I finished that Farseer. May go back and add a 3rd stage highlight, but I like having the cloth having a duller complexion that the armor. Really happy with how this guy came out. Like I said... love this sculpt to death.

Also the Skitarrii Vanguard unit is rolling as well...

Also made very good progress with the Berserkers this week. Just finished doing the basic colors and washes on 3 other guys, and finished this one dude. Check him out!

Anyways guys thats all I got for now. Talk to you all soon!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

Offline Looshkin

« Reply #1043 on: Yesterday at 01:42:30 PM »
@Looshkin- Thanks man glad you enjoyed the bat-rep. No probl on the WIP updates. Hope you like I did with the horns on the Berserker. I just do a a deep wash, clean it up and then hit it with a single 1 layer highlight of Mephiston. I did similar stuff on the sort of rounded areas of the breast plate as well. If you go any higher it sort of confuses up the highlight system as the most raised/sharp areas are no longer getting the brightest highlight. Thanks man!

I think that's where I've been going wrong; I've been trying to go one stage too far with the recess highlight. When you explain it, it makes a lot of sense. I feel so stupid sometimes  ::)

@Everybody- Well I finished that Farseer. May go back and add a 3rd stage highlight, but I like having the cloth having a duller complexion that the armor. Really happy with how this guy came out. Like I said... love this sculpt to death.

He's lovely. So rich and vibrant. Very well done on that farseer Cav. I especially like how dark you've left most of the eyepieces. Really feels like your staring into his soul...and the void is staring back. The white acts as such a strong counterpoint as well, adding just the right cold tones to a very warm palette.

Me like. Me very like.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | I killed Dayan and all I got was this stupid rock...
  • Global Moderator
  • Soņando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
« Reply #1044 on: Yesterday at 03:49:52 PM »
That's a beautiful paint job on the Farseer.  I particularly like how you've painted the helmet.  That blue stands out so well alongside the red and the gold.  Fantastic work :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ynneadwraith

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1045 on: Yesterday at 05:43:46 PM »
Yeah love the Farseer Cav :) lovely painting of an excellent sculpt. Great seeing the command crew together as well. Love your avatar using the cauldron of blood khaine statue. Really want to pick one of those up myself for something I've got planned, but not managed to yet...

Definitely liking the Berserkers (and assorted khornate headcases!) coming together, and the metalwork on the Skitarii is really nice! Keep up the good work!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #1046 on: Today at 07:40:43 PM »
Wow Cav, really awesome stuff as ever!! Those Khorne Bezerkers really pop, and I loved seeing them next to the bone shard Chaos Marines, great contrast going on..

That batrep was nuts, good on your brother for hanging in there and giving as good as he got despite not quite having the tools to deal with your speed and armour -- the body count really racked up in that one, it was fun to visualize the volleys of fire back and forth hah. Agreed that with a Vulture or something added in the IG get way more scary to the Eldar -- those flying death mobiles really hunt down pointy ears. The smaller, simple format was cool though, I dig it.

Real shame the cult mech guy wanted orange weps, those contrasting energy colours you did before looked fantastic. Oh well, if people want it orange then give them orange i guess. Still great paint jobs, well done there, look forward to seeing what's next!
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.