News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: vonny's APAWDMFATM blog  (Read 561 times)

Offline Saim-dann

Re: vonny's APAWDMFATM blog
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »
All I see is a blessed Tau in power armour. Agree with Orange about the work involved with the 50/50. You've got a longer attention span than me, mate... Be well!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 03:38:22 AM »
Wow wow wow!

Great updates Vonny. First off, as a Skaven aficionado, I just love those Rats! The whole composition is great. I love that your Gutters are super stealthy, the Storm Vermin look amazing...just everything ng is great about them and the bases compliment them perfectly.

The Death Guard are just wonderfully dirty. I really like the lighter colour scheme. I agree with Cav, it's great to see that more 'FW' style of colour scheme and painting. Wicked awesome.

As for the test Marine? Not sure, but the only thing I can think of that might employ both bone and orange in a colour scheme is a Fire Dragon. That's my guess, but I think I'm way off the mark on this one!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 07:07:19 AM »
Dude! Those Death Guard are excellent :) i love the streaky white/green you've got on them. What was the technique?

Really nice backdrop to the burnished gold trim.
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »
Ah ok! Yeah green for the cloth on the Death Guard. Hmmmm No I dont think I would do Warpstone Glow type green on the cloth. But perhaps some pale Straken/Nurgling green would look cool. Just my opinion of course. Also yeah! Love the scheme on the test model... Is it for Sky Serpents Dark Eldar? Tau Perhaps? Not sure... either way I'm intrigued! Can't wait for more! Also do let me know about the cloth on the Death Guard. Interested to see which way you are gonna go. ;D
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »
@Orange Dutchmarines, hah! I like that. I actually didn't find halved marines that much work at all, and thought it was quite fun. And while I waited for one side to dry I could continue on the other side.

@Saim-dann no Tau either. That's one of my house-mates armies, and I wouldn't dare to butt in on that ;) Again, I didn't feel the halved marines to be that difficult.

@looshkin Hey, thanks! Those compliments on my skaven are very welcome. A fire dragon would actually be quite possible, seeing as how I have eldar, but no, it's not them either.

@Ynnead thanks! I used Nurgling green with a sepia wash all over, and then just roughly painted streaks in the direction of the armour plating with... ehhh... Pallid wych flesh. So quick and easy! That was actually one of my goals as the thousand sons were quick and easy too, but there's so much detail on these death guard it's hard to keep them quick.

@cav Dark Eldar... it might get used for them as well, maybe... and still no Tau. Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I can give the answer, because first I want to finish my current project, and then do a bit of work on those death guard.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:19:18 PM by vonny »
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 10:54:21 AM »
That technique's right up my street! That's basically all my painting ever is, washes amd streaky drybrushing ;) i'm all for quick and easy techniques that look great
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!