News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Garrek's Reavers/Crimson Fists/Goblins  (Read 25833 times)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Knights and Titans and Death Guard, Oh my!
« Reply #400 on: September 13, 2018, 02:27:36 AM »
Nothing to criticise really  ;D Those knights are lovely! Colour scheme looks really good.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #401 on: September 15, 2018, 08:39:19 AM »
Absolutely amazing stuff Looshkin!  :)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2018, 06:15:27 AM »
*Wounds self playing American Football so says he'll slow down painting

*Paints drop-dead gorgeous Nighthaunt, Plague Marines, full-size Knight, dinky little knights, and an awesome diorama

;)

Fantastic work dude :) I especially like the diorama. Very appropriately titled ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #403 on: January 9, 2019, 08:24:50 AM »
Threadomancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. It's been a while. I have been dropping in and making a once in a blue moon comment, but I think I really burnt out a bit after last year's frantic Summer. Destiny 2 year 2 dropped, which occupied me for a month and then I got back into Magic: The Gathering (Why Loosh, don't you like money? No. I do not.) and then any time I picked up the brushes I just feeling it.

Well I'm back.

I had a look at what I achieved in 2018 and I'm fairly happy overall:

12 x Blood Bowl Humans
1 x Blood Bowl Ogre
10 x Skitarii Vanguard
10 x Skitarii Rangers
1 x Tech Priest Dominus
1 x Onager Dunecrawler
1 x Cybernetica Datasmith
2 x Kastelan Robots
5 x Sicariian Infiltraitors
2 x Knight Armigers
1 x Imperial Knight
5 x Shadowspire Skaven
2 x Shadowspire Skeletons
3 x Morrsarr Guard
1 x Akhelian King
33 x Nighthaunt
7 x Plague Marines
1 x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan
3 x Adeptus Titanicus Knights

101 Models In total
91 Infantry Models of which quite a few were characters
10 'big' models...including some whoppers like the Knight

Looking back at that list, it's easy for me to see why I lost impetus. Especially when so much of the painting came in the middle of the year.

Well, over Christmas, I decided to make an effort to do 30 minutes to an hour each night; a feat that I managed to achieve. Nothing I had really grabbed my attention to paint, so I elected to try to finish several projects that I had started (plus 1 new one).

Pictures will come over the next couple of days, but I decided to carry on slowly building a Crimson Fists army, by building 5 new Intercessors (Just in time for the White Dwarf rules to drop). I also had Garrek's Reavers constructed, with a base coat and initial skin tone laid down, so I wanted to finish them. Finally, I had a Goblin Blood Bowl team in various states of painting. All base coated. Some with initial layers applied. A few with initial wash.

So that's where I am. I've finished Garrek's Reavers, while the Crimson Fists are 90% complete. Finally, I've managed real progress with the little guys, so hope to have them finished in the next week or so.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year; here's to a productive 2019!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #404 on: January 9, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »
Welcome back, Loosh ;D! Your presence was missed! Also comparing your paint list to mine is like  :-[, haha. I've only painted a handful of models this year, but I'm seeking to invest more time into the hobby, now that I will have more time. Working a shift that goes late into the evening left me too tired to paint on the weekdays, and on the weekends I wanted to do some other stuff. Going back to normal hours, should help alleviate that problem!
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Garrek's Reavers/Crimson Fists/Goblins
« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
Welcome back, Loosh ;D! Your presence was missed! Also comparing your paint list to mine is like  :-[, haha. I've only painted a handful of models this year, but I'm seeking to invest more time into the hobby, now that I will have more time. Working a shift that goes late into the evening left me too tired to paint on the weekdays, and on the weekends I wanted to do some other stuff. Going back to normal hours, should help alleviate that problem!

Haha! Cheers Myen'Tal. Stick with the painting. An hour each night (or heck, even 30 minutes) goes a hell of a long way. You'll be cranking it out in no time!

Update time. I managed to finish everything I was working on, which is great. I also have a new needle for my  airbrush turning up any day, so shouldn't see a drop off anytime soon.

First up, Garrek's Reavers.

I wanted these guys to have a warm tone overall, despite their light skin tones. Warm brass aplenty, ginger hair, the Toffee Apple Red armour plates, all hopefully offset against the light, cold skin and the steel colours. Oh...and then there's the blood!

Mr Garrek? We're ready for your close up.

GW did a great job with Blood for the Blood God. Love the wet look:

So that I wasn't going crazy painting flesh and blood and all that, I also painted some Crimson Fists, which are far darker in person, but what are you going to do?

I clearly still have transfers and battle damage to the torsos to complete, however, with no transfers, they'll do for now.

I was pretty pleased with the face on this guy. Especially as it was just Kislev Flesh with a Reikland Fleshshade wash. Pick out the eyes and teeth and then I was done. I do need to drill out the boaters though. Although I have no idea where my small drill bits have got to...

I wanted the helmet on his waist to have obvious damage, because why the hell would you take it off?

Finally, I've had an annoying Goblin Blood Bowl team that I just couldn't face painting. I was seriously underwhelmed by the thought of painting these guys...and then it just clicked and they became fairly easy. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

I present The Pittsburg Steelers The Blurg Pit Stealers!

There's loads of character with these guys, and despite there only being about 5 poses, the number of head types meant that no 2 models are the same. Add in different colours on back and front plates, or shoulders, and it means that there is true diversity in the team, whilst retaining a universal feel.

So there you go! 2019 kicking off in fine style. Not even halfway through January and I'm cranking it. I think I just need to keep a varied painting diet and not churn out 33 dry brushed Nighthaunt and everything should be ok ;P

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your feedback.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:36:56 AM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #406 on: January 14, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »
Great stuff Loosh! You're a painting machine as always.

Just a few comments. I'm sure it's more to do with the photography than the actual paint jobs.

The reaver skin seems a little undefined, like it needs another wash to pull out those muscles. It's most likely just a result of a lighter skin tone not allowing the digital camera to pick up the colour variations. It's probably spot on in real life. Loving the blood for the blood god use. Certainly works well with these guys.

The power armour on the Crimson Fists is spot on. Can't wait to see them with full battle damage and transfers. They just need that little extra detail that all power armour does being monochromatic.

Gobbos are awesome too! Maybe a little rust effects on some of the armour plating, as I'm sure they don't take immaculate care of their uniforms as some of the oomies.

A solid start to 2019. Puts the rest of us to shame as always.  ;)

Offline Myen'Tal

« Reply #407 on: January 22, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
Oooh, snazzy! ;D What you achieved with the skintones across the three groups of models has me envious ;). Really digging those crimson fists, crisp highlights on the armor and sharp pick outs of the detail. I personally would have chosen another color for the shoulder pads, but that's just my preference, since the actual color scheme for the CFs is how you've done them.

Gobbos look great! Never thought I'd see yellow, orange, and goblin green mixed into one scheme, but you've achieved great results. Just a reminder that one must be creative! ;D
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • I dunno!!!
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, GK, Necrons, DW
« Reply #408 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:40 PM »
 8) Dude! Do you sleep? Ah eat? Go to the restroom? Haha! You helped get me back at it. I just got the loon boss and gobbapaluza and Zarbag's gits, now assembled. Anyhow, I DO like the colors on your Gobbos, good mix, compliments. The Marines look sharp bur I agree, battle damage will add the something something. I hope to see more soon.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

01000101 01101100 01100100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01010010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00100001

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »
Loosh your stuff is amazing!  :o

Btw, Destiny 2 has started taking up my time again as well.  ;)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #410 on: February 1, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
Good to have you back dude :) you certainly haven't been idle!

It's all excellent as always, but I'm especially fond of the goblins (and guest troll). Haven't come across them before but they're delightful :)

I don't game as much as I used to (can't seem to find the time), but I do follow new releases from a worldbuilding perspective and Destiny sounds like the sort of world I could very easily get lost in for hours and hours ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!