First off, thank you everybody that has read and posted...special thanks to everyone enquiring about my arm. To sum the experience up...it sucks. Some level of pain pretty much all the time and super special pain when I do something I probably shouldn't be doing! Even worse is th fact that we're going through a prolonged heat wave here, with the temperatures up around 30...or in the 80s for those that deal in Fahrenheit. May not seem like much, but we don't believe in Air Con over here, so we feel all of it...and the cast makes things that much more unbearable.
Next up, I've used the grip before and I think it's Really useful. Even more so since the surgery. It actually makes painting tolerable...althoug
h still a touch painful. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.
Next up...I'm a day late, but to some of the folk on this site...
To the Antipodeans and Canadians amongst you...don't get any ideas!
Next up, hobby stuff!
So, thanks to a good day last Friday, I managed to do most of the rest of my diorama. I finished the last couple of bits today.
I think I'm calling it: Easy Pickings?
The story of the piece is that the Skaven has been hunting the Skeleton Warband for days. Eager to behead the enemy beast by killing their leader, he stalks through the sewer system for days. When he finally emerges, he figures on an easy kill...not realising that he is in the burial ground of a human war band that met an ill fate some time ago...easy pickings, but for whom?
A few close ups of some of the details:
Making sure the sewer elements of the Skaven base fit the overall aesthetic was a pain. Just a pain.
So there you are. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I was hoping for something more dynamic, but my injury precluded doing the amount of work necessary for that kind of investment. Hopefully the guys at the store will like it too.
However, that's not all that I've been up to, as I managed to pick up my copy of AoS on Monday. Since then, I've been something of a busy beaver!
Please note, the intention is to do the minimum required to make the Nighthaunt army look decent. As such, I'm following a guide I saw on BoLS last week. It's quick, it's simple and hopefully it'll look good.
So, today, having finished building the ghosts last night, I got to the first stages of painting:
The Corax White Undercoat.
After a Corax White undercoat, the first stage is an airbrush base layer of Nihilakh Oxide. `Needless to say, airbrushing with a cast on 1 hand leads to...interesting results:
This is exactly as uncomfortable as it looks:
The Nihilakh Oxide Basecoat
Despite the pain, it leads to super fast results:
I've actually gone 1 stage further and done a full model wash of Coelia Greenshade. Photos will follow for that.
So despite my limited physical capabilities at the moment, I'm making decent progress. Hopefully I'll have more to share over the next couple of days!
Thanks for popping by!