flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 26338 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: My Aeldari and Aelf
« Reply #360 on: November 6, 2019, 01:17:01 AM »
well I've been considering rebasing my craftworld eldar, so here is a first crack at a base for the forgeworld Avatar of Khaine. I think they need some sort of texture though...

I might tinker around with all the symbols sitting on top of like a Copple stone or something, kind of like the silver tower bases.. hmmm...

Left has a raised Khaine symbol, with everything else is groove, the one on the right is everything grooved out.

still waiting for the price of 3d printers to drop a bit, but why not form a queue while I'm waiting lol.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #361 on: November 6, 2019, 07:59:06 AM »
Those are absolutely amazing. I do prefer the fully recessed image. I imagine those being painted up as stone or concrete with a magma glow coming up from the runes. That's a stellar concept mage.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 11:14:25 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Deepkin & Treefolk
« Reply #362 on: November 6, 2019, 10:37:18 AM »
Cool concept, Mage! I agree with DoW's preference for the recessed base. You could do some bright furnace scheme with that ;D.
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Global Moderator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
« Reply #363 on: November 6, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »
These are beautiful designs.  I like both, but my preference would also be for the fully recessed version.  I look forward to seeing how you decide to use these moving forward.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #364 on: November 8, 2019, 01:02:57 AM »
well more tinkering keeping with the craftworld theme, thought I'd give a 25mm base a shot, thought a walk way might look something like this.

The 2nd ed drawing of the dire Avenger has a walk way with ovals, but looked a little plain, not sure about the wood grain effect.

well with any luck the US black Friday sales might see one of the entry level resin printers go on sale :)

Offline Nutty

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #365 on: November 8, 2019, 05:42:33 PM »
The designs look great; if you want to add some variation without to the stonework without adding woodgrain you could use some gloss/satin varnish to make certain parts look more polished than others.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Deepkin & Treefolk
« Reply #366 on: November 9, 2019, 11:27:43 AM »
That's some absolute graphic design shenanigans, and I think it's going to pay off by dividends toward the end ;D. Keep up the great work.
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company