News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari now with a dash of imperials!  (Read 13611 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: My Aeldari now with a dash of imperials!
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12:13 AM »
So you bought them this way, right?

Nope, all NOS. I managed to find a super box set called outpost Pythos IV, It has the full deathworld set, the cargo containers set and a bastion. Found it on ebay going cheap in Europe and ebay had a site wide sale.

The webway gate was a planned purchase from the LGS.

Here is a quick update.

On a side note, if you are looking for some cheap ready made terrain, I found this last night at the pet store, suuper cheap compared to the prices of stuff down here. Plastic, prepainted, LOS blocking, a bit narrow, but just works. Turns out, the fish section also sell rocks of various sizes that would totally work for other terrain pieces, so if you didn't want to scratch build, its looking like a solid option.

Ornament Rock Formation Medium 20x8.5x16.5cm

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2018, 09:59:04 AM »
That webway gate is such a beautiful kit. Haven't seen one yet that captures the look as well as that.

Loving tge colour scheme in general too! Bone and red, who'd have thought I'd be a fan, right? ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »
Looking good Mage. I dig the darker shade of the Wraithgate. The spirit stones look really good too. Also those rocks look awesome! Perfect for games. They must be pretty huge if they are bigger than the Eldritch Ruins. Nice find!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline MyenTal

« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2018, 01:36:51 AM »
The Web-Way Gate looks really cool, Mage! Loving the contrast in the spirit stones, and the slightly aged look of the wraith bone! Looks beautiful together, though I would have gone with some other colors on the wraithguard-looking part of the statue. The minimalist color scheme looks great none-the-less ;D!
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2018, 05:10:25 PM »
Very nice bone finish on that Gate, love it. Red gems look great against it too. Good job!
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
That gate is looking lovely. The bone finish is really nice and counteracts so well with the Spirit Stones...which are executed wonderfully.

Those rocks? Brilliant find Magenb. I often check the aquarium section of the local pet stores when I'm using them as free entertainment for my son, but I've never found anything that would fit 40k nearly as well as those bad boys!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...