flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Captain Calamity's Kharadron Overlords (And Other Things)  (Read 14249 times)

Online Myen'Tal

Re: Captain Calamity's Kharadron Overlords (And Other Things)
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »
Man, I'm loving these Celestial Lions the more I see them. That command group have such a regal air about them, in no small part to the color scheme you chose. They might not be finished yet, but they look awesome!

I'm also loving those Kharadron Overlords. It's funny that you took those images in that low light, because the highlights that were hard to see before are definitely plain to see now.

Now that Games Workshop has made it official that all of the older battletomes are being updated, I'm curious as to how the Overlords will be treated. I'm hopeful, GW seems to be making a really good point to take feedback for their armies! :)
“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
― Glen Cook, The Black Company

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #301 on: Yesterday at 11:04:05 AM »

I also managed to finally base these minis, months behind schedule:

I have said elsewhere how I do not like the Overlord aesthetic, but your colour scheme actually makes me look at them differently.

I have said it before and I will say it again, for me, your colour scheme really makes the Overlords look like what I imagine a dwarf would look like.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #302 on: Yesterday at 02:36:00 PM »
@ Myen’Tal

Thank you!  That really means a lot to me! :)

And I can’t wait to see what they do with the KO’s second book too.  They’re such a cool army imo, but they aren’t performing the way they should.  But I’m confident that our time will come again!  8)

@ Alienscar

I’m chuffed to bits that my like my KO scheme that much! :)

I’ve had doubts about tuis scheme since the day I created it, but you’ve helped me burry them. :D

You want to know the inspiration for these guys?  Tik Tok, from Return To Oz.  That green, fantastical, mechanical astheical felt like a natural fit for the Overlords.  Plus, there’s ‘Victorian Tiles’, green ceramic tiles that are often found in London.  Very steampunk.  Plus, green isn’t really featured in any of the named sky ports, and if you’re doing your own, might as well go all out! :D

Also, another update:

He’s nearly done.  Just the skulls on his relic, his lieutenant stripe, his sword hilt and base to do. 

Then three more characters to do, and the starter set models are all finished! :D

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #303 on: Today at 07:29:37 AM »
Sometimes on these boards you see guys develop and blossom into really good painters. That normally stats with finding that *one* thing that they can just paint effortlessly and have it look brilliant.

For you Cap, that thing is Gold Marines. Brilliant, brilliant work. The colour balance is great, while all the metals look superb.

Terrific work my friend.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...