flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Ravenwing for tournament  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
1850 Ravenwing for tournament
« on: July 26, 2015, 12:54:45 AM »
Have a major tournament coming up in September that I will be attending and have opted to go with the Ravenwing; mostly because I think they are the most competitive aspect of the codex.

Anyways, for the tournament they are adding a ruling that any Dark Angel character on a bike trades in the Deathwing special rule to get the Ravenwing special rule.  This allows me to take a character other than Sammael in the Ravenwing Strike Force.  They also have a restriction in place that each formation can only be taken once, otherwise I would have loaded up on Ravenwing Attack Squadrons.  Anyways, here is the list:

Ravenwing Strike Force - 1365pts 920pts
Sammael:  Corvex.  200pts
Librarian:  Mastery Level 2, Bike, Auspex.  115pts

Ravenwing Command Squad:  Apothecary, Ravenwing Company Standard w/ Ravenwing Grenade Launcher, 2x Black knights.  210pts

Ravenwing Bike Squadron:  6 Bikes w/ 2 Melta Guns.  170pts
Ravenwing Bike Squadron:  6 Bikes w/ 2 Plasma Guns; Attack Bike w/ Heavy Bolter.  225pts
Ravenwing Bike Squadron:  6 Bikes; Attack Bike w/ Heavy Bolter.  195pts
Nephilim Jetfighter:  Lascannon.  175pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 195pts
2 Attack Bikes:  Multi-Meltas.  110pts
Land Speeder:  Multi-Melta / Typhoon Missile Launcher.  85pts

Ravenwing Support Squadron - 360pts
Ravenwing Darkshroud80pts
4 Land Speeders:  Assault Cannons / Heavy Bolters.  280pts

Imperial Knight Detachment - 370pts
Knight Errant370pts

Total Points:  1850
Model Count:  28

The heavy lifters for damage is undoubtedly the Land Speeders.  I am looking at this list and figuring that it can really mess with people's plans.  This list is the master of the redeployment.  If I deploy first and concentrate heavily on one flank, usually that will draw my opponent in to counter by placing a large portion of his units on that side as well.  With the scout move and turbo-boost, I can easily be on the other side of the table at the end of the first turn.  Usually that would be an issue, but with the Speed of the Raven special rule for the Strike Force, it isn't.

Edit:  I played a game with the list above against a White Scar / Grey Knight list, and I found that while the list has a lot of shooting potential, there isn't a lot of it that is enough to threaten units like terminators, or cause my opponent to fear getting close to my bikes.  By dropping two units that have very low impact on the overall game, the Jetfighter and the bike squad with no special weapons, I am able to pick up a Knight Errant.  That gives me a large, threatening unit that gives my opponents pause while also contributing to my ranged anti-tank capabilities.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:57:36 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
Re: 1850 Ravenwing for tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:56:08 PM »
I haven't played and 7th but this looks pretty good. With the Terminators added to the list, would putting the Librarian in Terminator Armour with the Knights give them a little more punch?
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:16 PM »
Terminators?  The Black Knights are the Ravenwing Command Squad, so they are mounted on bikes.  I tend to run them with the Librarian and Sammael to have a strong counter-assault unit.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »
I don't know why my brain turned "Imperial Knight" into "Deathwing Knights". Don't mind me. Carry on.
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »
Imperial Knight = mini-titan!  Come on man!  I know you've been gone for a while, but get your amphetamine parrot together lol
I knew I had fans!!!