News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Some new Militarum Tempestus unit ideas  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Some new Militarum Tempestus unit ideas
« on: November 8, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
I think it's great that the Scions have their own Codex, since they're a separate Corps within the Militarum.  But I think that it's currently a bit bland with regards to what you can take, so I figured I'd make some.  And the first thing I was thinking off is a pretty obvious one; Drop Sentinels!

If the Elysians get them then I'm sure as hell the Militarum Tempestus should get them.  But I'd rename them Tempestus Sentinels...Storm Sentinels, because that's cooler.  8)

And since they're Tempestus, I figured that they should be slightly better than the Elysian ones, in the same way that a Taurox Prime is better than a normal Taurox.

Here's the unit entry:

Tempestus Sentinel Squadron: 55pts

Unit Size: 1 Tempestus Sentinel: WS:3 BS:4 S:5 FA:10 SA:10 RA:10 I:3 A:1 HP:2 Type:Vehicle (Walker, Open Topped)

Wargear: Hotshot Volley Gun

Special Rules: Deep Strike, Move Through Cover, Scout.

Options:
- The Squadron may include up to two additional Tempestus Sentinels (55pts/model).
- Any Tempestus Sentinel may replace it's Hotshot Volley Gun with one of the following weapons:
Heavy Flamer (free), Autocannon (free), Missile Launcher (+5pts), Lascannon (+10pts).
- Any Tempestus Sentinel may take items from the Astra Militarum Vehicle Equipment list (the same limitations that are applied to Scout and Armored Sentinels apply here).

So to summarize the whole thing, it's a BS 4 Scout Sentinel with Deep Strike and a different starting weapon.  I like to make things simple and easy to understand.  ;)

So with these, the Militarum Tempestus get some much needed heavy weapon support.  I would expect these to be a Fast Attack option in a Militarum Codex army list, but there's also the possibility of making them an Elite choice depending on what people think.  In an Astra Militarum army list, you may take a single Tempestus Sentinel Squadron as part of a Militarum Tempestus Scion platoon.

So, what do people think?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:52:37 AM by Land Rover Tangi »