News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Using nemesis dread knights  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Using nemesis dread knights
« on: October 4, 2014, 12:45:16 AM »
I am curious how these are usually run. I don't know anyone who currently uses them but they seem beastly in the codex. I am building a 500 point allied detachment of grey knights (exorcists, I will have pictures up soon in the painting challenge) to use alongside guard.  I have a squad of five terminators with a librarian and a knight.  I am thinking teleporter, great sword, and the heavy incenerator.  I will be using the detachment that let's me deep strike turn 1.

Would a different CCW be superior? Is the Gatling psilencer worth the points? He is already getting pricey.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Using nemesis dread knights
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2014, 03:20:48 AM »
Well, I myself have 4 of them, each loaded out differently. Because the are MC, they don't suffer firing restrictions so with that , the flamer is great for shunting and the other 2 are great for range and with the psy having different fire modes now should work great. The silencer also has a good use now. The sword makes him better for CC. Now that they have made it worth it, never leave home with out the teleporter. I guess I haven't really helped much at this point so I will tell you what I have on with psy/silencer and another with sword and flamer that I run side by side to initiate CC with both of them same phase. The other 2, one has psy/flamer/sword and the other is going to have probably the same load out. They work pretty good now and always run at least 2 plus I'm gonna try out the use of one as my warlord soon.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Colonel Twisting Shadow

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I was told to get a life; so I bought more figs...
  • Armies: What don't I play?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Teleporter/Psycannon
He's quick, smashy, and shooty.  This is my go to.

Depending on points invest in CCW.  The hammer is ok (if he gets to swing at his initiative), and the sword is better (remember the PF in the off hand, should you still need it).

The flamer is gravy points, as far as I'm concerned.  When it had a range to it, it was the knight's saving grace; hence the nerf these days.  If you can keep him under 200 it's a great points vs kill deal.   ALWAYS grab that teleporter though.  It'll save you a few times.  once for a shunt reposition, and twice more when you surprise someone a huge jump/charge range.
Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:49:47 AM »
This is an old post to be commenting on...

I actually have two dreadknights now both armed with swords, psycannons, and incinerators.  They really are work horses. I have yet to take them without the teleporters.  I wish I could take 3 in a nemesis strike force.

What's a situation where you would use a powerfist instead of the sword or hammer?
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »
I don't have personal experience with it but the player feedback I've gotten is to take the Torrent weapon, the sword, and the teleporter upgrade.  Know how the Heldrake is absurdly powerful?  The Dreadknight can kinda-sorta do that, and in an edition of this game where assault is kinda bunk, the Dreadknight can both survive crossing the battlefield, do it fast, and swat the daylights outta plenty of units.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.