So we should theoretically begetting a new codex in the next few months. I'm pretty happy with our book as-is, but what are some things you're hoping to see changed, added, or even removed when it arrives? Personally, a few shiny things I'd like to see include:
* Wyches getting their dodge save against overwatch.
* Combat Drugs replacing some of the redundant and outdated effects with something more interesting. Maybe swap out the "roll an extra d6when running" one for the ability to run and charge on the same turn like back in the day?
* Mandrakes getting a reboot. I love the fluff. I love the models. I just need some nightfiend wargear options and maybe a tweak to baleblast to make them work, especially now that they can't assault from outflanking. >.<
* Webway portal fix. These were tricky to use when the codex first came out. Now they're just really weird to use. Let units assault out of them,let units deploying through them choose not to come in from reserves until they're ready. Maybe even let Sybarites, Harlequin Troupe Leaders, Hekatrices, etc. take them as wargear options.
* Let our HQs fly again. The old armory was a lot of fun to play around with, and the newer book formats seem to support it. It would be cool to let our HQs ride bikes again,let them grow scourge wings, fly on Hellion boards, etc.
*Faction-related "chapter tactics." I really like the chapter tactics setup that marines have, and I think it would be a fun thing to include in other armies. Let "Coven Tactics" give you the ability to modify the profiles of coven units (wracks, grots, cronos, and talos) before the fight. Let the Black Heart unleash some sort of nasty orbital-bombardment-style super weapon once per game. Let the Poisoned Tongue gain extra warlord traits so long as they're on the strategy table. Let wych cults gain the benefits of a"Preferred fighting style" or the ability to gain pain tokens more easily or something.
*Address the changes to Power from Pain that happened in the switch to 6th edition. PFP is still nice, but we basically went from being a 4+army to a 5+ one.
*Let harlies take venoms (it was their car in the first place, and their lack of transport seems to be one of the main reasons people don't use them.)
*Tweak harlequins in general. I love these guys, but they're hard to deliver, their troupe master's wargear options are a bit bland, and the shadowseer is awfully pricey now that Veil of Tears is kind of unreliable. (Especially considering he's likely the only psyker your opponent needs to throw dice at when denying powers.)
*Bring back the punisher helm! It was a fun, straight-forward wargear option, and I kind of miss it (even though it's kind of sort of secretly rolled into the incubus profile already.)
*Change or remove the restrictions on Drazhar. He's basically a Phoenix Lord (if he isn't actually Arhra himself), and the Phoenix Lords are free to join whomever now. Drazhar becomes much more useful when you can stick him in with a wych or wrack squad rather than simply making an incubi squad ridiculously pricey and killy.
*Give us an incubi shrine formation. I really like the idea of having an army of incubi out on a mission for the shrine, but it's kind of hard to pull off at the moment.
*Making the Reaper official would be nice. That haywire gunboat is snazzy!