News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First impression Ork list  (Read 1535 times)

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
First impression Ork list
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
So looking through the codex I see some pluses and minuses. Orks will get run over by fear and morale checks. That is their weakness for sure. And some units I feel are being overhyped. I like Stromboyz - I think warbikerz better. I like tankabusts - I think mek guns do the job better cheaper.

zagstruk ( cheap and bellowing tyrant warlord trait, follows the warbikerz, of course ) 65
2 painboy bikers ( for warbikerz mobs) 150
2x 3 meganobs in BWs (cover those advancing bikes) 560
troops (undecided - but likely large grot squads)- 300 pts to spend
2x 15 waerbikerz, nob klaw 620
3x2 mek guns, ammo runt  (undecided on mix) 120

This is a basic list I would use. Now there are a lot of great HQ choices. But Zagstruk is super cheap with a warlord trait that orks need. Spearhead meganobs are as good as they were last edition so they still fit my lists. Troops can be anything but runtherherders, squigs and grots can buffer the mek guns well and still move up and score when needed. Boyz in truks could work too and maybe a mix is appropriate. Warbikerz with a painboy and Zaggy followeing will do some damage ... especially following spearheaded meganobs. I think mek guns are obvious.

I like the new Orks. I think they will be fun. But I think we need to hold back on too many relics, upgrades and toyz. We are still Orks.
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: First impression Ork list
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
I think it will be a fun list, but my opinion says there ain't enough trucks... ;)

The only thing that doesn't make sense is grot guns in a fast moving army list...
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: First impression Ork list
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Grot guns are almost too good not to take though.   Having the extra fire support is always good and with a large squad of boyz or gretchin they will have some support to protect or shield them from assaults. 

The list has both a fast and slow element so more like a wave assault and if you play malestorm it gives you options.