Wozzon Ladz!! A returning, uk, player from a while ago now. I can remember Gorkamorka so you do the maffs
Just been more or less completely dazzled buy GW's new models (and price tags! :O ) for loads of stuff for about 2 weeks now. I couldn't resist. Its part of my 1/4 to 1/3 life crisis and reliving my childhood.
So here it is.. Me grand plannz!!
I'm going for a fluff heavy army. I just cant resist attempting to kit bashing the 'new' plastic savage orcs into slugga boys or maybe they are large enough to use a nobz?
Me first line of questioning is this.
1. Are the plastic Savage Orcs larger than regular Ork Boyz?
2. If so are they as big as the Plastic Ork Nobz?
3. If not will the savage Orcs Kitbash well with the Ork Nobz? For example if I glued a PK arm and shoulder from the Nobz onto the Savage orc body will it look odd?
4. Same as 3 but for a Nobz Big Choppa on savage orc body
5. You could pull a similar trick with Slugga Boy arms n shoulders etc.. Mixing the converted unit of savage orcs with both slugga boy and Nobz arm will look odd right (e.g. converted boyz with differing length arms.
6. How will kitbashed savage nobz look next to the actual nobz? savage nobs will be smaller?
So thats that one. My other dastardly plan is for the WarBoss..
I want to use a Lizardman Carnosaur and plonk a Savage orc Boarboy in the throne! Kit bash him up with nobz and he is ready to rock..? Well my plan is to use him as a Biker Warboss on the table. I can envision the speed of the carnosaur being suited to this rule set.. the only problem is the twin linked dakka gun.. how am I going to model that without running into problems of it looking stupid. Its not just a case of mounting it on the side of the dino because 1. not sure where it would go and 2 how would you fire it? Does make a good go of the BS2 though!
I have a similar idea for the remaining savage orc boar boys and some lizardman terradons. I was thinking of using them as Death Koptas. I hear that Orks lack tank hunters so I plan to equip them with rokkits again the problem is how to mount the heavy weaponry on the dinosaurs without it looking dumb? I was planning to use the burna rokkit. These models are carrying rocks to maybe I could alter that to mount the rokkits on.. however again.. how would they be fired?
I just realised that none of my planned kit bashes make use of the big stabba!!? Well that was an over sight!