News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Back to Da Greenside  (Read 1241 times)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Back to Da Greenside
« on: October 8, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »
Hi guys. I've been off painting space elves for the last few years, sprucing up my painting and modelling techniques, and I thought I'd take a stab at pulling out my boyz and give them a redux. I recently discovered the secret of stripping miniatures, so I'm cleaning up some of my awful paint jobs from my youth to give my orks a less shameful look on the battlefield.

To inspire me I've built an army list that is a reflection of my past ork armies (15+ years worth) and what I've learned playing Eldar.

I plan on getting at least 1 game in before our new codex drops (no guarantees as I have 2 kids under 3) and then see how it compares in the new dex.
Please offer any criticisms or suggestions, as I've been out of da ork mindset for a few years and might need some blunt trauma to bring out the WAAAAAGH! in me.

HQ
Warboss (mega armour, boss pole, attack squig)   (120)
Big Mek (kustom force field, bosspole)         (90)

Troops
Deff Dread 4 close combat weapons                       (105)
Meganobz x 5 (kombi shoota/skorcha x 4, shoota-rokkit x 1)
   Trukk reinforced ram, boarding plank, red paint-job
                                                                                (275)
Boyz x 30 (big shoota x 3, Nob w/ bosspole, power klaw, stikkbombs)
                                                                                (265)
Fast Attack
Deffkoptas x 3 Rokkit launcha         (135)
Deffkoptas x 3 Rokkit launcha         (135)

Heavy
Killa Kans x 3 Grotzookas            (135)
Killa Kans x 3 Grotzookas            (135)
Deff Dread 4 close combat weapons   (105)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: Back to Da Greenside
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »
Hi dog_of_war! Welcome to frankly the best forum around - after all Orks never lose  ;)   I'm a former space elf player myself although my current weakness is the FW Heresy models...   so pwitty...

Before I do anything else, allow me to point you in the direction of the Way Of The Waaagh - our very own community here on the 40K Online boards. All you need to do is post there saying you want to sign up, and the Bosses will do the rest.

Your list makes me smile, I am a Dread Mob player and the more klanky stompy dreads the better! Deffkoptas with rokkits are a great complement to walkers, as they provide a fast element with good hitting power in their twin-linked rokkits. Ideal for taking out pesky tanks, heavy weapon squads etc that can threaten your dreads. I have also had a decent amount of success with a MegaBoss and mega-armoured Nob retinue, although you will find that their trukk gets shot out from under them very quickly since it's the only non-walker vehicle you have and trukks blow up in a stiff breeze.

Where is your KFF Mek going to go? Is he keeping the boyz alive, or protecting the walkers? Or doing both and have everyone marching up the field in a big green blob of doom? It would help us to know how you intend to use the list.

Again, welcome, and hope you find this place as much fun as we do  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
I think you list looks really hard!  But light on troops...  You also have a really slow moving force for the most part...  You will do good against things that have to come to you... Not so good against things that can sit back and shoot you! lol

I'm excited about getting a new dex too...  I have  twin four year olds...  I understand your warhammer pain! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated. As for my list, it is meant to play very aggressively.

The walkers are to march forward with the dreads soaking up some of the fire, followed by the kans and then the boyz mob. The Mek will be in the boyz mob, positioned to give all the walkers cover. As the dreads and the boyz are kitted for CC, the will run each turn until they get into charge distance, kans giving covering fire.

The meganobz trukk is purposefully on its own. I learned much with transports when playing eldar and always found it best to keep multiple targets on the board. I am hoping on cashing in on ramshackle rules. The trukk will start in range of the KFF, just in case I don't get first turn and then peddle to the metal. The idea is to get as close to the enemy as possible and  use the trukk as a stop gap to enemy fire during my opponents turn. The trukk is not meant to last more than one turn and if is destroyed during the opponents shooting phase, the nobz will be able to disembark immediately, setting them up for the charge next turn. With ramshackle, I have a 1 in 3 chance of moving my trukk before it blows up and a more than 50% chance that it will move towards the enemy. I'm not too concerned about the damage if the trukk blows up and the warboss will help against a pinning test. It's no guarantee, but I've always found it a very orky style of play and I love the look on my opponents face when they blow up my trukk and it just brings a deathstar closer to their ranks.