News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2500 for tomorrow; Dual FOC  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Colonel Twisting Shadow

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I was told to get a life; so I bought more figs...
  • Armies: What don't I play?
2500 for tomorrow; Dual FOC
« on: August 9, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
2500pts, Double FOC, Semi-speed freekz

HQ
135 - Warboss/Bike, Cybork, Powerklaw
135 - Warboss/Bike, Cybork, Powerklaw
 60 - Big Mek/Powerklaw (in Battlewagon)

ELITES
180 - Grot Battle Tank Mob:
         3 Tanks/Grotzooka, 1 Kommissar/Grotzooka+Skorcha
135 - 9 Lootas

TROOPS
154 - 18 Slugga Boyz/1x Big Shoota (in Battlewagon)
          ^Nob/Powerklaw
165 - Shoota Boyz/2xBig Shoota (On Foot)
         Nob/Powerklaw
146 - 10 Slugga Boyz/Big Shoota
         ^Nob/Powerklaw
         ^Trukk/Boarding Plank
141 - 10 Slugga Boyz/Big Shoota
         ^Nob/Powerklaw
         ^Trukk
147 - 12 Shoota Boyz/Big Shoota
         ^Nob/Powerklaw
         ^Trukk
 40 - 10 Gretchin & Runtherd

FAST
135 - 3x Deffkopta/3xTL Rokkits
135 - 3x Deffkopta/3xTL Rokkits
 70 - Deffkopta/ TL Rokkit, Buzzsaw
 70 - Deffkopta/ TL Rokkit, Buzzsaw
140 - Dakkajet/3x SupaShootas, Flyboss
120 - 3x Wartrakk/3x TL Rokkits

HEAVY
130 - Battlewagon/4x Rokkits
105 - Looted Wagon/Boom Gun
 60 - Big Gunz/3x Kannon

FORT
100 - Aegis/Quadgun

TOTAL=2493pts
Around a hundred infantry, 9 vehicles

Ok; so big game VS new-dar tomorrow.  So far I'm 1:2 against my opponent, and I'd really like to show up his list with a 4th edition codex (like the one he just dropped).  Tactics are pretty easy; the Warbosses and 3 kopta squads outflank, while the green Barons deploy.  Lootas, Kannons, and Grots (for the gun) in the Aegis; with the line split into two sections.  pretty much everything else goes for a Waaagh.  I'd like to have a lot more shootas; but I haven't got to arm swapping more than 30 yet.

Any tips/swaps that are going to save my life?  I'm expecting 10-15 Wraithguard and a Wraith Knight, and god knows how many serpents...

I'm about half way through putting together (well...inventing) the Grot tanks right now; but I'll have pictures up of the hoard tomorrow from deployment.

Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 2500 for tomorrow; Dual FOC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
Looks like a fine list, but (there is always a but) a few things I would recommend you change.

Firstly bring those truck boy squads up to the full 12, a 10 boy squad seems to evaporate too quickly while 12 seems to be the magic number for ork truck boys.

Next, give that big mek a KFF!!! Sure, the cover save is not as good as last edition, but you will find that it still provides that certain "pain in the tactics" to your opponent. The more desperately he wants that BW dead, the higher your probability of rolling those 5+s. 

Next, give the BW at least a reinforce ram and red paint. I prefer the death roller but if you are going for a shooting platform then at least the ram, so you don't get immobilized on the first piece of terrain you try to shortcut through.  I do like the four rockits, that is what I have been using lately and they do seem to do a great job.

Now for the bad news. To get the points for all this, you might have to drop either one of the biker bosses or the looted boom gun wagon. A hard choice to be sure, but I would let one of the bosses sit this one out. Remember; orks are not about the heroes, they are about the mob. You only need one HQ per force org, so one boss on a bike and the KFF mek are all that is required.

Good hunting, can we expect pictures for a battle report? (hint hint hint)

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak