flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Boss GreenNutz done lit up a Bomma.  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Boss GreenNutz done lit up a Bomma.
« on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Always wanted to see if I could pull off putting LEDs in a model and since I had a Bomma kit sitting on the shelf figured I'd give it a try.  The only part I had to redo was the wiring harness for the pilot and gunner.  I assembled everything and then realized there is a plastic part separating them.  Had to break out the soldering iron undo the harness run the wires correctly then solder it back together with what little room I had left.  All in all I'm happy with it. 

C&C welcome.

Wanted to look like the instrument lights for the pilot and gunner are on.

These guys are bright.  Wanted to do a red and blue on the main engine but my LEDs were too large and I didn't want to wait on any more. 

Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Boss GreenNutz done lit up a Bomma.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »
It turned out really nice Ollie...  I was wondering though, where did you put the batteries?  And can you get to them? lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
That box on the base has the batteries.  I ran the wires down a piece of tubing and painted the stand black to hide it all.  Wanted to go with watch batteries but since blue LEDs pull 3.4 volts each I went with a 9V battery.  My only issue is transporting it.  I got lazy at the end and instead of soldering in some contacts so I could take it off I ran the wires to the switch and glued everthing to the stand.  Finishing up 3 more now for some comission work someone wanted and then time to start lighting up my Stompa.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
That's awesome...  You'll have to show me how you did that in person sometime! 

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
If you have a jet you haven't put together yet and want lit up I can build and send you the wiring harness.  All you'd need to do is drill 3MM holes in the right spots and glue them in. 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
That is an awesome looking model, and the burning engines really make it stand out. It is so cool I am almost tempted to do something similar.

Once upon a time, I put an MP3 player in a stompa, but with all that hollow room it was easy and required no special skill. Your LED bomma really looks good, and your obvious skill in electrical work makes it just too good looking to try to plagiarize copy.

I will just have to turn greener with envy over a true mek who has knowledge about those elusive what nots. Good Stuff on that model lighting up. Now, I must go sit in a corner and mumble to myself....
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
Thanks. 3 more are on my table and all but done.  Like I said if you have a bomma kit I can build and send you a wiring harness with the lights.  If you can drill a 3 mm hole in 6 spots the rest is easy.