News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 Evil Sunz...  (Read 1766 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
1750 Evil Sunz...
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
So...  In the spirit of all this dakka jet banter going around, I decided to build a second dakka jet...  Plus, they are awesome!  Here it goes...

KFF Mek, Burna, CB

19 Shoota Boyz, PK Nob w/BP, BS
-- Battle Wagon, BS, DR

20 Shoota Boyz, PK Nob w/BP, 2 BS
-- Battle Wagon, BS, DR

12 Trukk Boyz, PK Nob w/BP, BS
-- Trukk, Ram, Plank

-- Trukk, Ram, Plank

-- Trukk, Ram, Plank

Dakka Jet, extra SS

Dakka Jet, extra SS

6 Lootas

6 Lootas

2 Flakka Trakks

I think this list has a comfortable number of boyz with a lot of dakka...  What do you think...  Oh...  I included a picture of the new Dakka Jet so far...

Adam

Edit:  Here is another shot of the jet...  I added some riveting and the spikey shards of metal...

I also beefed up the turret mounted supa shoota with some ammo boxes...  It was looking a little sissy before.  I'm real happy with the crosshairs.  I added them to cover a bit of green stuff that was showing and I'm pleased with the results...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:48:55 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: 1750 Evil Sunz...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »
Well I've never been that big on Trukk mobz, so hopefully Skeetergod will come by and give this list the old once over.  Remember that 6th Edition brought some changes to Transport assaults, and unless you are purposefully making a suicide tie-up a shooting mob never assault with just one mob of Trukkboyz.

What I can say is that you probably could juggle points a bit to get that super valuable KFF on your Big Mek, and those 6 man Loota squads seem really fragile.  Personally I never take less than a 10 man, but if 6 squads work for you I say keep using them.  Lootas don't really fit with Evil Suns too much or Speed Freaks because they get left in the dust.  They'll also be easy button targets for an enemy Deep Strike assault team in Kill Points missions.  But I think I'm focusing a bit too much on that.

Nice work on the Jet by the way, I think everybody's catching a case of Jet fever!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
That's an awesome dakkajet! But I'm trying to work out what it's based on...   what's the original kit?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »
THanks for the response... 

The lootas stay comfortably in the flakka trakks...  So they are pretty well protected...  I also figure they fit in my theme sense they are mounted! lol  PLus, the flakka gunz make goo AA aupport... 

I normally run the three trukk units together in a gang so they can krump! lol

The Mek is KFFed...  Never leaves home without it! lol

THanks for the comment on the jet...  It is originally bsaed off of a German WWII plane I believe...  But it has been hacked apart a good bit and grubbined up!

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »
That looks like a mighty fine list, sure will go fast.  :)

I also like what you are doing with the jet. Why not make it a burna bomma? I am sure you have some bombs left over somewhere that you can use. I love my burna bomma, and it is pretty successful most games. Unlike my dakka jet that seems to die without doing much at all...

One thing you may want to add to the truck boys is give the nobs a big choppa or a klaw so they can use the plank good and propa, maybe having to drop the big shoota to get the points. If not, then you can save some points by dropping off the plank that they can't use (a S4 nob won't hurt any armor, so what is the point?).

For the BWs, drop a few boys and give the wagons 4 of your weapon of choice. Four big shootas will put out a lot of damage and is often enough to cause a wound or three, maybe letting you get in a wheeze during the game.

I am looking forward to hear how you do with the list, and see if your new jet is worth its paint job  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
Ok...  I'll take the bait...  Let me first tell you why I like dakka jets.  I use them to break transports, moving just inside the range and shooting, which leaves me outside of retaliation range from most small arms, which can glance me to death...

So, my thinking on the burna bomba is how to use it.  I would like to get the most out of it, which means dropping a bomb and two missles a round.  So how do you use yours? (I'm meaning the specifics...  What angle do you bring them in?  How far the first round?  Where do you typically send them second round?  How far?)

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »
Well then, since you asked so nicely:

On the turn it comes in, I look for a dual target opportunity. An unit that I can fly over and bomb and a separate unit that I can get enough of an angle on to shoot rockits at. Then the next turn I find a unit to bomb, and if not he flies off the table into ready reserve so I can repeat the dual target tactic on my next turn.

After expending both bombs and all the rockits, then he usually just drifts around looking for targets of opportunity to shoot at, and to stay on the board to not count as a kill point.

I know, you were hoping for a two or three page dissertation on the wonderful tactics of the burna bomma, and to be regaled with the witty and wise tales of its proper usage, and alas, I fear I may disappoint. However, we both know that with orks, simple is better.

All I can say is; Try it, you will like it.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:34:35 PM »
I hear you...  The burna bomba is interesting...  The problem is points...  I was looking on my recently posted 1000 point list...  I can include a burna instead of a dakk, but I'm looking at 50 points more for something that might get blown away by an interceptor shot! 

I will give the burna a try in my larger list though.  50 points is less important when you have more to play with!

Adam