News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Raveners  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Travellar

• Lieutenant
  • Hey Farley, call headquarters.
Raveners
« on: December 18, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »
I've got some... haven't used them in ages, but I've got them!

Which begs the question, is thee a good use for Raveners?
I look at them and basically see a C/C geared Warrior: as beasts they'll never be slowed by terrain, though they may be wounded by it.  Low armor save gets offset by a suprising number of attacks, and the choice of talons/talons or talons/claws means you can get a little wiggle room for how lethal they are vs armored troops.

Deep strike could be used as a means of adding them to your own line around turn 2, and charging on three; thus denying your opponent one round of blowing the snot out of them.  It also means they can pop up and spray down soft, isolated targets.

Yet for all the things that Raveners can do, I can't help but think Warriors are just as good.  Anyone got any ideas on how to use these things effectively?
"he's either the most brilliant troll ever, or he's crazy." -Bloodhawk

Offline Reepy

• Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Angels
Re: Raveners
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:43 AM »
It depends on what you use them for. Warriors cannot get anywhere quickly (except with a spore but that makes them pricier). If you use them for shooting Warriors are better but not totally worth it in my opinion unless you really need some short-mid range shooting synapse support.

If you need close combat warriors though the Ravener is better because it can get into the fight. Being beasts is a big deal.