Thanks AoD. You're right in that a model needs to be based, and until you wrote those suggestions I didn't have any clue as to what/how I was gonna do it, I'm definitely going to take that advice! And good luck with the renovation, that's an incredible amount of work.
As for the 100 boys it seems that Skeetergod is off to an amazing kick start. That much quality paint in 9 hours makes me balk, its way better than I could have pulled off in that time frame. Heck it could be an interesting WotW betting pool to see who would finish first between Skeetergod and Dralith, although with Skeetergod's last post that idea is blown out of the water.
Anyway I am signing up for the DakkaJets, this time unlike the last Junkyard I'm only planning on making 2 from one kit, the bits box is still looking quite a bit empty since the last event, and I can't even really compete with Skeetergod or Dralith for the most insane project this go around.
This is the so far pic, using two bits of PVC, the one used for kans and dreads is on top, and it is measured out at only a few centimeters below the width of the standard kit's frame (this will soon be fixed with the addition of more card and bits. I remember when I put it together that it was a lot of work cutting the pipe and getting it to stay attached (but thankfully that's done!).
The front nozzle needs to be trimmed down and filled off to the same (or similar) arc as the standard kit (thank the lord for the Dremel), and as for other bits for the projekt I have most of the Bomma kit (some parts have mysteriously gone missing, I think there might be a Deathskull or a sneaky Grot around my place), as well as some bits from DE Raiders and Jetbikes, and I can't make a konversion without some Leman Russ bits (I don't know what I'll do when they take that sprue off the special order list).
So... 25 days. This is gonna be interesting (and probably difficult). At least I don't have a 9-5 job to distract me (trying to look on the brighter side of unemployment).