News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Author of the New Tau Codex?  (Read 7301 times)

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
Re: Author of the New Tau Codex?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:16 PM »
i hope this helps.

when i was at games day this year, i got some face time with kelly when he was signing books. anyway he said that he was woking on eldar. so i assume that it will be Cruddace writing the Tau dex.

but i am only assuming :)
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline ShasO Bentu

• Why bring a Chainsword to a Gun Fight?
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
I figured Kelly would do the Eldar Codex since he did the last one but I am fairly certain that isn't the only one he is working on now.  I mean, we have Tau, Black Templar, Dark Angels, Eldar, SoB, and Chaos (not in any specific order) that all are on the rumored next codices list.  Whilst I know there are more authors, it doesn't seem that he wouldn't be doing another one of those.  I am not saying that Kelly has to be doing another, just find it unlikely.  Cruddace has not done anything lately really which is why I share you assumption that it will most likely be him.  I am also kind of hoping rumors are true and Tau is the next codex though, someone did bring up the point that it may be a bad thing if it does come out before 6th edition of which, the point made very good sense.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Sun Tzu

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
« Reply #22 on: November 3, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
cruddace did tomb kings this year iirc

Offline WilliamT

• "It's only a game"
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2011, 11:12:45 PM »
Mat Ward described his Necrons as being an "elite shooting force".

Looks like we may have a de facto Tau codex in the form of a Necron codex?

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
« Reply #24 on: November 7, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
Well, Necrons are more "march forward while laying down waves of fire and absorbing the incoming fire with durability" while a few very speedy units slash at the enemy. 

Guard are "hold the line and fire free, the artillery is incoming! while using sheer numbers to take the incoming fire" and flanking tanks/flyers hammer into the enemy flanks.

Tau are more about "this unit here must be completely destroyed, focus fire and doge out of the way of the incoming fire" while harrasser units nip at the enemy flanks.
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #25 on: November 8, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
I'd be pretty happy with a codex that sits along the lines of the IG one. That book is generally well and clearly written and there is a great range of "want" units in it. Indeed, the necron book does this really well too... but the style of (for instance) the special rules within the imperial guard codex is really much more to my liking.

The bottom line though, is I'm not really concerned WHO writes the codex, I just hope that we get some much loved attention, particularly in areas where there are obvious deficencies. i do think that Cruddaces imagination (as showed by the IG even nid books) would be a perfect ingredient for something like the Tau.

Offline popsical

• BANNED: Now I can't pretend to ragequit
  • Mass debating: a filthy group affair!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »
Well the latest news is that we are being done by Phil Kelly.
Im not totally sure this is good news  :(
His codices tend to become single build, very quickly.
These are my thoughts and opinions.
I am no more right or wrong than you or any other.
I reserve the right to agree/disagree with anything i please, as do you.
Forums are an arena to exchange ideas, not brow beat and shout down others.
Miss-interpretation of posts is common.