(Long departure, a few tweaks and updates have been made)Aspect Warriors part 2
Note that this tries to keep harmonised point cost tiers for Aspect warriors, so they're 12/18/24/30 points.Dire Avengers
Under proposed armoury changes the Shuriken Catapult is now has an 18" range. The Dire Avengers enjoy a twin-linked version. This makes them better than their current baseline, but diminishes their peak performance (Guide won't work on them, and here they're losing Bladestorm).Exarch
- Same as nowBattlefate
(4+ invulnerable save) to align potential with the Phoenix Lord.
? Singular Purpose
- In close combat the Exarch can designate a single enemy model. All of the Exarch's attacks are against this model.Warp Spiders
24 points (undercosted?)Aggressive Defence
- A Warp Spider unit may deepstrike on the first turn.
The Warp Jump Generator allows 12" jump movement in the movement phase, and may make a 6" jump move in the assault phase as per jet packs.Deathspinner
|Weapon||Range ||S ||AP ||Notes|
Monofilament - When a unit is hit, the next time they try to move they count as being in difficult and dangerous terrain.Note
- This weapon change ties them in to the Doomweaver, and makes them more distinct role and niche (as well as reverting them somewhat back towards their original form). As a monofilament weapon it should have rending, but that seemed a bit too
much in a 24 point package.Exarch
- As now, plus has rending.Dual Spinners
- Count as twin linked, plus has rending.Spider Arms?
- Gains +2 A and rending (basically a powerblade swap for Harlequin's kisses)
- Counts as having plasma grenades.Skitterleap
- 5++ invulnerable save in close combatReposition
- When assaulted the Exarch counts being in coverSwooping Hakws
Less comfortable with the changes for these, but here's a go.... probably still way undercosted.Intercept
- Comes as standard.Hawk Wings
- Count as a jump pack infantry, may also make a 24" turbo boost move.Grenade Pack
- Same as now, plus when making a turbo boost move pick one unengaged enemy unit moved over, and for each Hawk in the unit the enemy unit suffers one S4 AP4 hit.
Weapons: Ranger Long Rifle, Shuriken Pistol, Plasma and Haywire Grenades.Exarch
WeaponsExarch Long Rifle
- Range 48", counts as an assault weaponSunrifle
- As now.Grenade Pack
- A 12" assault 2 EML.
- Shooting attack rolls of a 6 count as AP1. In the case of long rifles this means shooting attack rolls of 5+ count as AP1.The Hawk Descends
- When charging the Exarch's close combat attacks are at +1 S and count as power weapon attacks.Skyleap
- As now.Shining Spears
30 pointsHit and Run
- Comes as standardExarch
- Same as nowMoonspear
- A laser lance that does not count as a power weapon, but it it does ignore invulnerable saves and its attacks cause instance deathInsert name here
- A laser lance that gives +1 A
- Same as now.Devastating Charge
- if on the first round of combat the Exarch wipes out or breaks the enemy unit then the Exarch and the unit he is with may make a full 6" consolidation move. This can be used to move the unit into close combat. No additional combat is fought this round, but the unit does count as charging for the next round.Jink
- The Exarch gains a 5++ invulnerable save.Shadow Spectres
30 points.Considering changing their armour save to a 4+/6++ a la DE Ghostplate
Change to the Ghostlight: Counts as twinlinked.Exarch
- As nowHaywire Launcher
- As nowPrism ?
- 18" S6 AP2 Blast
- Unit gains stealthSoul Eye
- The Exarch's shooting ignores cover. If he participates in the ghostlight shot then it also ignores cover.?
- The Exarch gains tank hunter. If he participates in the ghostlight shot then it gains tank hunter.Dark Reapers
Shooting counts as being an AA mount. Ignores saves from moving fast, e.g. turbo boost saves.Exarch
- An EML with the standard 2 shooting options (Plasma and Haywire) with a third option to fire as a reaper launcher.? Launcher
- A Reaper Launcher that is AP2.Tempest Launcher
Sorry Shuriken Cannon, you were just too out of place.
- As nowFast Shot
- As nowKhaine's Guidance
- The Exarch does not require LOS for his shooting attacks (!)