News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Scrapyard Build-Off - August Intake Now Open!  (Read 17364 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Scrapyard Build-Off - August Intake Now Open!
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »
I am about 90% done with my models for this month.   I just need to kick it into overdrive and finish that last 10%.   They should get done and will all the details I wanted.   The bikes turned out a little different then I initiallly thought but still look nice.   Now just to finish up details.   Pics will follow of finished products in a few days.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:13 AM »
...and the painting begins!  I finished up the last two FBs' guns tonight and sealed the edges of the foamcore that were still exposed.  Added the bitz to the bomms/rokkits and primed them.  Started doing some of the basic blue panels on two FBs )I have five to paint now) and already have blue paint on my hands.  Family in town tomorrow and errands in the morning so I'm not sure what'll happen till after dinner.  Tracking says my inbound loot will arrive tomorrow too (going in the closet till I get my painting done... motivation and lack of distractions otherwise I'll send the weekend assembling/converting).  Crunch time!
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »
Well I done went and did it anyway, I have an apoc game this Saturday, so I had to finish the tank. Instead of whatever I was going to make it before I made it into a kill blasta tank.

You can see I took the dremel and ground off all the flash and mold lines, and repainted the tracks. I also made some battle damage, and upgraded it to grot gunners. 6D6 of BS3 goodness  ;D

Here you see the grot gunner

Here is grot crew letting you know to stay out of his tank. You can also see some of the battle damage I added in. A coat of gun metal with a liberal application of devlen mud.

This kill blasta tank (as well as the Ghork Rider) will see action against the IG this weekend, I will try to take some pictures for you all to enjoy.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
that's awesome Skeet!  I'm a big fan of the MK1 Raider (I've been trying to find a couple... no luck yet).  Great use of the cannon and some great conversion work :)  Lemme know how the tank does - I keep bouncing between kill, bursta, blasta, fortress, 'hammer.  I've used a skullhammer before but none of the others.
Athaga Mor

Offline Zangolas

• Ork Boy
  • DO YOU her DA TuNNDaaaaaa
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »
man that looks as if you could drive it upsidee down cause the trakks are soo huge. tank looks awsome sceet. I am jsut picturing it now an upside down landraider with reverse controls orks driving trying to get somewhere.  ;D
BLU TUNNDDAA

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »
Nice.. The site is back up. I'll post finished pics when I get home.

Edit:  OK.  Everything was done as of Sunday.  Some serious flyboy dakka dakka! (4x dual burna bomms & 4x dual supa-rokkits).  I left space for the grot bombs later and straight out negated the regular bomm payload (at least for now) based on the stands attaching to the bellies.  Each has unique nose art (ork w/ lightening bolt, glyphs, shark teef, etc) and kill markings (infantry for turret and infantry/tanks for pilot).  This is about the maximum I can accomplish in a single month (otherwise, I'd have to pass on real life/social/work).  And I'm on a rivet hiatus for at least the next four weeks.  (oh, and the bottom right one in the 2nd photo was still wet when i took the pic, thus the slightly different colors... dry/matches now)

« Last Edit: September 3, 2011, 12:06:49 AM by Athaga Mor »
Athaga Mor

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #86 on: September 3, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
I have finished my kustom dread and my nob bikers.  Now that this site is working again I will post up the pics and have them up here again.   They turned out well.

Nob Bikers

More pics of the bikers

Painboy

Banner boy

Kustom Dread

« Last Edit: September 3, 2011, 01:20:09 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #87 on: September 3, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
@aod -- well done sir!  That kustom dread is sick!  two thumbs up :)
Athaga Mor

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #88 on: September 3, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
The dread is awesome, but I'm really drawn tothe biker nob with the orange...   That color is fantastic!  What did you use?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #89 on: September 3, 2011, 08:26:48 PM »
@ Athaga Mor thanks and outstanding job yourself.   With all those figtha bombas how big is the apocalypse battle you plan on playing?   I know targeting one of those bad boyz without an AA mount is hard.

@ Adamscurr:   I did do that one bright.  My yellow one was just as bright but I washed it with devlin mud and I probably should have just left it brighter yellow.    I just used 3 coats of blazing orange over a black base coat.    I like how it turned out.   That and his cool combi skorcha up by the front tire.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #90 on: September 3, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »
@ AOD -- we're trying to hit 200-250K.  I'm sure there will be AA on at least a couple of the tables (probably around 20-25 tables zigzag'd together).  Last time we did this Apoc hadn't been released... now, I'm sure there will be an abundances of flyers, titans, supers, and AA.  I'll be using both my Deathguard and Deathskullz - there'll be plenty of Eldar, SMs, and IG as well.  What's nice about the FBs is after getting popped, they'll redeploy two turns later :D  it'll rain dakka all day hur hur hur
Athaga Mor

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #91 on: September 5, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »
@Athaga Mor I love the fightas they are very nice looking, and that many of them together is truly horrifying.  ;) I might try to make one like yours

@Angel of death 007 I love your kustum dread. It is pretty bad ass looking to say the least. Very very cool.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #92 on: September 5, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
Yaaa! The site is back up, I was having withdrawals from not being able to post stuff  :o

@Athaga, great looking squadron of planes, because of you I am plotting to do something similar, but not for a month or two.

@AOD, I love that kustum dread, seeing painted makes it so much more cooler, I bet it is a terror on the table.

As promised a mini batrep on the two models

In a game against the IG my kill blasta tank came in on turn 3, and shot up a mortar squad wiping it out. It got assaulted by a junior officer squad and was shaken. Then next turn it went full speed and rammed a chimera getting a shunned (shaken and stunned) and the next turn it backed up and mowed down his senior command squad.

Ghork rider rode into the battle with 12 biker boys, on turn 1 the did a wheez on themselves as the dakka gun fire wiped out the veteran squad they were going to assault. On turn two they dakka gunned a squadron of three walkers destroying 1 and stunning another. On his turn 3 a pair of vendetta gun ships turned their attention to the bikers and killed off six of them. On my turn 3 the Ghork rider split off and went vehicle hunting and the biker squad assaulted the two walkers destroying them both. On his turn 4 a veteran squad dropped from a valkarie and killed 3 more bikers then assaulted them the sergeant with a power weapon finished off the nob. On my turn 4 the Ghork rider took out a hell hound. On his turn 5 the two vendettas poured all they had into the Ghork Rider and caused two wounds. On my turn The Ghork rider turned back around and went after the vet squad that had killed off the bikers but was 2 inches out of charge range as the ghork rider did a wheez on himself by killing a guardsman with his big shoota.

The game ended after turn 5 as we had been playing too long, but it was a great game and both of my new units lived through their first battle. The orks won, 5 to 4. A very close game.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline MekEad

• Burna Boy
  • Gork and Mork FTW
« Reply #93 on: September 7, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »
I'll post pics of my Warbuggies (from June) this evening here.

All 3 Warbuggies

Close up one one

Right side

Back side

Overhead, left side a little closer
« Last Edit: September 7, 2011, 09:18:13 PM by MekEad »
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended for us to forego their use."
Galileo Galilei

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #94 on: September 7, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
Yaaa! The site is back up, I was having withdrawals from not being able to post stuff  :o
@AOD, I love that kustum dread, seeing painted makes it so much more cooler, I bet it is a terror on the table.

I thought you might recognize him.  He was a little bit of a terror but it did help that he lead my dread mob having a KFF on a dread just makes that dread mob all the more nasty in apocalypse games.   Though not as nasty as my psycho gattla was :P

I like the kill blasta though very orky I am hoping that it inspires me to start my kustom battle fortress.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #95 on: September 8, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »
Well, I don't know if the August Scrapyard is closed or not, but I am adding two more to the pile.

First up, I took a rhino that I got and turned it into a Junka with KFF. The bulldozer blade with all the choppa blades and two wrecking balls counts as a death roller, and the KFF used to be a tool that you get when you buy those pressboard shelf kits.
(Click on the picture for a full size view)

And I finished my two gun trucks with flakka guns, they were mostly built,(and had been in a few games with a "lot" of "counts as") I just finished them, and got them painted. I know a few more tiny details to paint, but that will happen after they get a few more battles under their belts.

Here you see right and left sides of both trucks

If the August scrapyard is over, then move these to the September Scrapyard, if not then I have more for the September scrapyard, and we will just add these to the August pile of teef.