News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: just a quick question ive been asking myself...  (Read 1683 times)

Offline tomsev

• space marines lead the way... all the way!
just a quick question ive been asking myself...
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
i was wondering if i have a captain with power sword and power fist can i for example us 2 attacks with the power sword and 2 with the powerfist?????

Offline HiveFleetEzekial

Re: just a quick question ive been asking myself...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
Read the rulebook a little more. It answers more questions without having to ask people.  ;)

p42, bottom right corner: Two different special weapons.

Offline tomsev

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
thanks i was thinking is was to good to be true...

Offline tomsev

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
a thunder hammer does not gain an extra attack in close combat for being with another close combat weapon so could i use a thunder hammer and a storm bolter or is it better to just use a relic blade and storm bolter???

Offline Disciple of Nagash: GT

• Neophyte | Iron Skull recipient
  • Mike Mudd 2011 Sportsman Award recipient :)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
a thunder hammer does not gain an extra attack in close combat for being with another close combat weapon so could i use a thunder hammer and a storm bolter or is it better to just use a relic blade and storm bolter???

Personal choice on that one really between the relic blade and the thunder hammer. Depends on the situation. Either way, not really a rules question.
Reset my counters in prep for 6th:
Black Templars: 0/0/0
Dark Eldar (new codex): 0/0/0

Offline The Master of Eternity

• Those that do not fight, die.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »
And either which way it would almost be better to use either lysander or vulkan for a tiny bit more points for either but a major boost no matter which. just rename them. Unless you dont like taking and renaming special characters.
You are not free, those whose liberty is won by the rigor of other men. You are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, taking but offering nothing in return. You have freedom, but have done nothing to earn it. You will stand alone, and pay in blood. Know this and remember: my power knows no bounds save for that which is given to me through His mightiness the Omnissiah and most Holy Emperor of Mankind. ~ Forge Master Mordikai before the fall of Agridora

Offline tomsev

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
can you legally do that i mean take a character and call him something whilst still using all his special rules??? i do like cato sicarus, which special hq would you advise?

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »
Yup indeed you can. It's in the spacemarine codex at the start of the army list (pg reference eludes me...).
You can basically use any character as a "counts as"- name him differently and paint him in your chapter colours and you're sorted. :)

Offline tomsev

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
thats very cool, now all left is to choose which one to use... cato, lysander, pedro or vulkan i find vulkan and lysander are used far to much, i know they have very nice add ons but to many people use them so i thinking more between cato, (vulkan[just to good to not consider]) or pedro...

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
Depends entirely on army composition. If you have a lot of the things that Vulkan boosts, go with Vulkan. If you can tailor your army around Sicarius, go with Sicarius. If you like the idea of Kantor being a cheerleader (seriously, he's practically a walking Chapter Banner) and/or you use Sternguard and/or Kirrahe's speech in the first Mass Effect game inspired you, go with Kantor.

Offline tomsev

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »
well ive got a 10 man strong sternguard squad, and was wondering because kantor makes them scoring, but lysander can make them re roll... so i dont know and i dont have termies so lysander will be alone in termie armour can he still go in a power armour command squad?

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
well ive got a 10 man strong sternguard squad, and was wondering because kantor makes them scoring, but lysander can make them re roll... so i dont know and i dont have termies so lysander will be alone in termie armour can he still go in a power armour command squad?
Lysander suddenly becomes very, very expensive if you're using him only as a source of bolter re-rolls. Look at how much he costs, and how much better he'd be in close combat.

As for which squads he can join, being in Terminator Armour does not stop him from being an Independent Character, and certainly doesn't stop him from being Infantry, so that should be all you need to answer your question.

Offline Azash76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #12 on: July 9, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »

You could always try Using Pedro and Cassius in the same army. Combined your looking at a total cost of 300 pts so its not very practical in lists of 1500 or less. Cassius pound for pound and point for point is one of the best HQ's in the codex and one if not the best meat shield in the game (@125pts). Cassius gives the melee unit rerolls pedro gives them +1 attack. Combined with Assault terminators it makes for one of the best Death Star Units in the game besides the Vulkan Termie Death Star units.