News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Painting orks!  (Read 811 times)

Offline Delmazar

• So may I be the weapon of my clan...
Painting orks!
« on: November 19, 2002, 10:21:13 AM »
Hi!

I almost finished painting my first ork and I'm pretty pround of myself!  ;D I'll be able to post a pic this weekend so you can see.

I'm proud of myself but I must say that it took me so LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG to paint it!!  :P I just can't do it quick! My problem is that I want them all to look great! I know! You'll say that I have a lot of orks to paint!? You're right!

Well, to help me paint faster, I'll try to paint them 4 by 4 on the same pattern. By that I mean: 4 with the same colors for t-shirt, pants and equipments. That way, I don't waste time thinking what color to paint a boy! Glue 4 boys, paint 4 boys! Glue 4 boys, paint those 4 other boys differently! By the time I get 60 boys painted, you won't see the guys who were painted at the same time!

So I would like to know how you paint your orks?! Do you paint them as quickly as possible (lesser quality) or do you take your time (highier quality)? How many boys do you paint at a time? Any other idea that could help me painting? (I know, practice helps a lot  ;))

Thanks for reading!
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline Psychic Corruption

• Look Im a car, Im a robot, Im a car.....
Re:Painting orks!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 07:35:35 PM »
I like to take my time and personalize each one.  I do one by one and try to make each different. Dirt smudges, blood, and other cool looking stuff.
Ork foot sloggers
1-1-1

Offline Foolishness

• *feeling Foolish*
Re:Painting orks!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 05:42:52 PM »
All my orks are glued (besides the arms and head) and i take em 5 at a time. (all are undercoated) all the heads are blue tacked to the sprues from minatures and are painted like that (is VERY easy that way) and arms are usually painted at the end (i think their a be-atch to paint) i paint the guys 5 at a time making sure the earings are the right colour, the right shadows on certains things are obtained. and finally when I made my orks I watered down black quite a bit and put it all over their blood gore shirts (and vomit brown pants usually) so all in all they look like an ork should look. Bloody, dirt, grimy and darkish. I then flock em with rocks to make em blend with my army.
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)