News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2K Battle report with pics - ORKS Vs BLOOD ANGELS  (Read 2011 times)

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
2K Battle report with pics - ORKS Vs BLOOD ANGELS
« on: January 6, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
Hi guys me and a good friend of mine had a game last night and he very kindly wrote up this report any additions i have added to the report will be in green so please enjoy.

Well this is my first proper game with orks and i'm using a list that the 40k community helped me build so without further ado

Marks list

Blood Angels "Wing Striker" - 2,000 points

HQ

Librarian - shield of sanguinus & unleash rage

Librarian - shield of sanguinus & unleash rage

Honour Guard w/ Razorback - 2 x flamers - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasma gun

Honour Guard w/ Razorback - 2 x meltaguns - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasma gun

Elite

1 x Sanguinary Priest

Troops

5 x Assault Marines w/ Razorback - 1 x flamer - sgt w/ power weapon - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasmagun

5 x Assault Marines w/ Razorback - 1 x flamer - sgt w/ power weapon - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasmagun

5 x Assault Marines w/ Razorback - 1 x meltagun - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasmagun

5 x Assault Marines w/ Razorback - 1 x meltagun - Razorback w/ lascannon & twin-linked plasmagun

Heavy Support

Vindicator

Vindicator

Total: 2,000

Orks - 2,000 points

HQ

Warboss - power klaw & cybork body, boss pole

Big Mek - kustom force field, cybork body

Elites

8 x Nobz w/ Battlewagon - Painboy, 7 x big choppas & waaaagh! banner - Wagon w/ 2 x big shootas , grot riggers & deffrolla

9 x Lootas

6 x Burnas

Troops

20 x Boyz - Nob w/ power klaw & bosspole

Fast Attack

3 x Deffkopters - 3 x twin-linked rokkits

3 x Deffkopters - 3 x twin-linked rokkits

6 x Warbikers - Nob w/ power klaw & bosspole

Heavy Support

3 x Killa Kanz - 3 x rokkits

Battlewagon - 2 x big shootas , grot riggers & dethrolla

Game: Dawn of War + Annilation

Deployment

craig won the role and decided to let me go first, I deployed nothing as I didn't want a single Razorback getting singled out. I would just roll them on altogether.

Craig smartly deployed nothing either so all his stuff would come on turn 1 and I would lose a turn shooting at him.

* Tactical Notes

Looking at Craig's list he's got a few pain in the arse units I can deal with first; those are the Dethkopters thanks to mass rokkits if I kill enough of those I will hopefully force a morale test and they will run away. Warbikers can be annoying as can move quickly and smash my tanks with power klaw and have 4+ cover which can be a pain to get rid of. I'm looking at the Nobz too but because they only have feel no pain they should go down quickly. The Lootas will be annoying too but I'm hoping terrain will block LOS and I can ignore them or snipe at them with lascanons and hopefully kill enough to force morale and run off.

I've not played against marks razor spam list in a while and don't know it at all well i know i want to kill those vindicators and i also know i want to divide his force . So my plan is to deploy the koptas and lootas on the left flank , so the koptas will draw units over that way and with the lootas hopefully crippleing some transports to give me time to destroy the rest of the force. everything else goes on the right except one unit of boys that i leave in reserve . i want to basically use all of my units on the right to stay close to each other and use my deff rollas to do as much damage as possible

Turn 1

I bring my tanks on keeping near the board edge so the Orks cannot charge me so quickly. The Vindicators only move the full 12" forward. All my units where centre of the board.

Craig brings all his units on except one Boyz unit which he keeps in reserve, he said he kept them in reserve as he had no idea where to put them in case you're wondering why. On my left flank Craig deployed both Battlewagons with a unit of Boyz, Big Mek with the Burnas and the Kanz along with the Warbikers. Right flank he deploys the Lootas which get bad terrain and run moves and end up half blocked behind a building where only about half the unit can see, the Kopters also come in on the right flank. The Kopters and Warbikers turbo boost to get cover saves.

* Tactical Notes

The Warbikers and Deffkopters are right where I want them - shame they will get cover saves though. The Lootas Craig has deployed wrong so doesn't look like they will be a threat most the game.

Plan is to blast the Warbikers with Vindicators and snipe away at the Kopters, any spare fire power will go into Bikers or Battlewagons.

O.K well looking at the smile on marks face as i moved my koptas forward he has taken the bait but o balls my lootas roled awefully and are in a terrible position

Turn 2

I move out my Vindicators to get LOS on the Warbikers, I move out Razorbacks and immobilised two going through terrain - one has melta squad inside the other a flamer unit if I remember right.

Shooting I blast the Warbikers with both Vindicators and a lascannon from a H.G Razorback and kill a few. Lascannons blast a Battlewagon carrying the Bunras but don't do nothing. Kopters get blasted by lascannons but pass cover saves thanks to turbo boost.

Craigs turn he moves the Warbikers towards one of the Vindicators and moves a unit of Boyz on foot towards the other. Kopters split up, both going either side of the shrine ruin to deal with two Razorbacks.

Shooting Kopters score crew stunned and weapon destroyed on one Razorback, another takes fire from the other Kopter unit but is ok. Craig decides to call a waaagh! and the Boyz unit runs towards my other Vindicator.

Assault, Nobz and Warboss charge and wreck a Vindicator, Boyz charge the other Vindicator immobilising and stunning it - would have been interesting point blank range fire! Warbikers charge a Razorback and wreck it.

Kill points are Angels 0: Orks 2

* Tactical Notes

Ok that could have gone better with the Orks getting a charge sooner than I expected. I've lost a Vindicator and Razorback and took damage on another Razorback and Vindicator.

Though with Craigs Warboss and Nobz exposed I can multi charge them next turn and cause some damage. The Warbikers I'll blast until they die and the Boyz which assaulted my Vindicator I will burn them with flamers and charge in. The Deffkopters I'll blast with lascannon, plasma and melta and hopefully kill them or make them flee.

Well that sucks i had no choice but to use my war early as i had no idea blood angels vindicators could move 12" and fire their main cannon , still mark has diverted 3 razors towards my faint on the left flank which is a great relief. my ork boys rolled terrible on the vindicator and will feal some pain next turn . o well. i will stick to my plan of positioning my deff rollas and hope for the best

Turn 3

I bail out my flamer Honour Guard and move ready to burn and assault the Warboss and Nobz. Flamer unit in the exploded Razorback passes a pinning test and moves towards the Boyz with support from another flamer squad. Two melta squads in the immobilised Razorbacks bail out ready to lend fire support. On the right flank one Razorback moves 12" towards a unit of Kopters, flamer squad bails out as a melta unit in the stunned Razorback follows behind on foot. The other remaining Razorback sees the Honour Guard bail out and move towards the Bikers to lend fire support as the Razorback goes for the other Kopter unit.

Shooting I burn the Nobz and Warboss killing a few Nobz. I blast the Warbikers with melta, plasma and lascannons and wipe them out earning a kill point. I send double flamers on the Boyz making roast Ork. I blast one unit of Kopters with a Razorback I.D'ing one with lascannon and killing another with plasma; they fail morale and fall back giving me a kill point as they cannot regroup as under half strength. The other Kopters get blasted by plasma, lascannon, flamer, bolt pistols and melta and two are wiped out - they fail morale and fall back giving me another kill point.

In assault I charge the Nobz with my Honour Guard and a melta Assault Squad for support. Nobz lose combat but stay locked in assault. Boyz get multi charged by two Assault Squads, Boyz lose combat but split attacks putting the power klaw on the last Vindicator and score two weapon destroyed results. Boyz lose combat and get chopped down via sweeping advance.

In Craigs turn his Kopters continue to fall back while his  Boyz  arrive from reserve. He moves his two Battlewagons up, one tank shocks the Vindicator and wrecks it, he also hits a flamer Assault Squad who fail morale and fall back. Burnas bail out the other ready to unleash a mass firestorm. Kanz walk forward and Boyz hide behind them.

Only shooting is from the Lootas and Burnas - Lootas score weapon destroyed and crew stunned on a Razorback which mowed down the Kopters and Burnas blast into a Assault Squad killing three Marines; the Assault Squad passes morale. One Kopter falling back manages to immobilise a Razorback on the right flank.

In assault the Nobz take another beating and are wiped out. Burnas assault the Assault Marines but combat remains on after the Sgt dies.

Kill points are Blood Angels 6: Orks 3

* Tactical Notes

I've caught up and over took on kill points which is good though shame the Vindicator got mowed down by a deffrolla.

My plan next turn is to send in reinforcements for that single flamer Marine locked in combat with the Burnas. Regarding the right flank it's pretty clear besides the Lootas, which aren't posing a problem. I'll also blast and multi charge the Kanz with a melta Assault Squad and Honour Guard, I'm hoping ith S5 and hitting well I can get a few glancing hits and destroy Kanz in combat thanks to the squadron rule ;)

o.k getting the lootas out was a crap idea but i was at a loss as to what to do with them as i knew next turn i would be tank shocking as much as possible.this turn i wanna start picking on any units that i've already damaged and once again posion the rollas . mark has by know presented me with loads of targets for them so should be all good

Turn 4

I cannot regroup the falling back Assault Squad as the Battlewagon is within 6", they fall back 4". I move the Honour Guard with double flamers and the supporting melta squad towards the Kanz as the other Honour Guard squad with double meltas goes towards the Burna fight as another melta Assault Squad goes for the Wagon which made my Marines fall back. On the right flank I get one Assault Squad back into a Razorback and move it 12" towards the centre while the other squad gets back into the immobilised Razorback.

Shooting I fail to pop the Battlewagon causing trouble with the deffrolla but I manage to immoblise the other one with lascannon fire. Melta fires at the Kanz and misses; bummer.

In assault my Honour Guard and supporting melta squad charge the Kanz, Kanz take 4 crew shaken results - crap - I lose 4 Marines so combat is a draw. Other Honour Guard batters the Burnas earning me a kill point.

In Craigs turn he gets the menace Battlewagon and tank shocks two Razorbacks and two Assault Squads (one which is falling back) both Razorbacks are destroyed and the other squad fails morale and falls back - pants! Boyz which came in from reserve move through terrain to join the Kan fight.

Shooting Lootas do another weapon destroyed to the Razorback they shot at previously.

Combat Boyz charge the Honour Guard and melta unit, Orks take some wounds but the Kanz finish off the Marines earning three kill points in total.

Points are Blood Angels 6: Orks 8

* Tactical Notes

Pants the deffrolla has caused carnage making two squads fall back and totalling two Razorbacks, I cannot believe the melta missed to stop it, typical, some bad rolls with morale here. Honour Guard charging into Kanz sounded fine at first, score some glances and hopefully get immobilised which = wrecked in squadrons, but oh know had to get four crew shaken results - awesome! Now lost three kill points to that fight.

I've lost the left flank thanks to the Kanz balls up fight. The centre isn't going too well with a rampaging Battlewagon and two squads falling back, which will be off next turn. Best I can do is take out the immobilised Battlewagon and blast the rampaging Wagon with mass lascannons.

Turn 5

Using what I've got left I take two sniper lascannon shots at the Lootas hoping to kill two and they fail morale, I killed one. I use the Honour Squad to double melta the Battlewagon and assault it and they manage to wreck it with mass S5 attacks.

Orks use the Battlewagon left to total another Razorback and Kanz blast the solo flamer Marine with rokkits.

Blood Angels 7: Orks 10

Looks like I've missed some points off as Orks got 14 and I got 8, we roll for turn 6 and it doesn't happen but Orks have won either way unless I table Craig which isn't going to happen.

Summary

Bah a crushing defeat :( half of it was bad luck with two Assault Squads running with their tails between their legs, that's three kill points gone as the Priest was attached to one unit. Assaulting the Kanz wasn't a good idea looking back and cost me three points - that's six points down the drain. I started off well storming ahead, bad luck you cannot help but those Kanz I should have just used the melta and moved the H.G through terrain to get around the Kanz and assault the Boyz and Big Mek attached.

Craig did ok for his first real game with Orks (he's being playing 500 point games with them). He used the deffrollas really well and they caused mass carnage. The Lootas he deployed in the wrong part of the board and the Boyz in reserve perhaps should have started on the board in terrain some where. He said he did like Kanz but can see them not reaching assault and liked Battlewagons too along with the Lootas. He's going to try a Kan wall list next time as he doesn't fancy a Wagon list like mine (because it's the same he said) and mass Trukks he's not keen on.

Great game and one that was back and forth . In the end my original plan held out and the three units(and their transports) mark diverted to deal with the koptas never had any real effect on the game due to immobilisation results. i found orks massive fun to use and learnt alot from my mistakes. so Bravo mark for such a fun night and hopefully you guys will enjoy reading this aswell.

once again full credit goes to mark for the report and thanks for readin ,

croggy

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 2K Battle report with pics - ORKS Vs BLOOD ANGELS
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
Well done to the Orks, sounds like a good game and thanks for the nice report, good to see some photo's in there.

Did the libby's powers do much as they weren't overly active in the report and I think your nobs may need some armour or cybork to survive a bit better in CC.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2011, 12:28:25 PM by WisdomLS »

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
the libby kept casting prefered enemy and cover saves every turn , so yeah they were pretty useful (at least i think it was thwe libby who was casting them) lol

Offline Iridescente

• Sognando sotto l'arcobaleno
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
Great report!  Sounds like you guys had a fun evening.  It's always more fun when the battles aren't one-sided, and this one seemed to go back and forth just enough to keep it interesting.  Also, I think you should paint some kill points or something on that heroic battlewagon that took out 2 razors and 2 squads!  Kudos!
Just playing along,
Bourhgen

Offline Geopox

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2011, 03:12:24 AM »
Im a big fan of blood angels and to me it didnt look like they played to thier strengths, but still a great game. lets hope you can keep up the wins