News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Def Rolla  (Read 3659 times)

Offline MrGerbik

• Paramedic Fetus of the East
Def Rolla
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
I have equipped my battlewagon with a def rolla, now it is my understanding that the D6 strength 10 hits apply for vehicles and regular units alike (at least i was told so) however each time i ram a vehicle and use this rule i am questioned. Anyone able to point out where i can show that it works for vehicles as well?

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
Re: Def Rolla
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
The Ork FAQ on the Games Workshop website says so... sorry, the site must be down for maintainence, so I can't provide a hyperlink ATM.

Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
Seems to be working fine....

There ya go
Very last question
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »
Welcome to the Green side, please check out our Way of The Waagh thread and join in.

Since you now have the FaQ there is also a little sentence in there showing that even if they stop your roller wagon they still take 2D6 hits. This is important, especially when D'R'ing space marine dreadnoughts.

Now go to the main rule book and find the section where it covers ramming against walkers and mark that page.

It seems that SM players take it WAY too personal when you krump their Bjorn or Furuso dreads. The DR will kill a dread easily, especially when you cause damage to their rear armor value because it death or gloried.

I have had to "discuss" this with many SM players over and over as they watch their dreads get destroyed. Sure they may stop your DR wagon but they still take 2D6 strength 10 hits, which will destroy them as they auto glance and even if you roll 1's you penetrate.

And while you are drooling over the prospect of killing dreads, model something up to celebrate, and enter the:

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline MrGerbik

• Paramedic Fetus of the East
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »
Thanks for the help...i found the FAQ. Indeed it came up once with a SM player against his pred. Other was against some pirhanas and it was my brother so no problem. Just want something to pull out next time it comes up.

Dont know if this is ok but i had a side question that has nothing to do with this...didnt want to start a whole other thread. I just got a def dread and was wondering about what people use for the loadout. Was thinking a total of 3 power weapons and a burna. Kinda want him to be a close combat beast
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:53:31 PM by MrGerbik »

Offline Doopsie

• Ork Boy
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »
skeetergod, got a question for you: where does it say Dreads are hit on their rear armor? I get that they have to Death or Glory as they have no Ld to be able to take the moral check, but wouldn't they take the hit on the facing armor value?

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
On the Deff Dread loadout question, I like mine with 2x skorcha and rot riggers. The riggers are a must for me given how cheap they are and the skorcha's keep it cheap and give it the means to take on infantary blobs.

I have magnetised it so I can swap out the skorchas and stick some more DCCW's on as it looks so cool with all four snapping away  :D
I'd highly recommend magnets for all your models with different weapon loadouts as they are so easy to fit.

Offline Iridescente

• Sognando sotto l'arcobaleno
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »
To answer Doopsie's question, when a Dread tries to death or glory, according to the rulebook, they're not braced for the impact, so hits are resolved using the rear armor to reflect this.
Just playing along,
Bourhgen

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
skeetergod, got a question for you: where does it say Dreads are hit on their rear armor? I get that they have to Death or Glory as they have no Ld to be able to take the moral check, but wouldn't they take the hit on the facing armor value?

In the main rule book in the section about ramming a walker. It basically says that if the walker braces for the impact the hits are on the front armor, if it chooses to death or glory the hits are on the rear armor. Then to top it off, when hit by a death roller even if it stops the vehicle it still takes 2D6 hits, and that is the important passage in both the ork codex and the FaQ.

This means that the death roller will still kill their dread even if it kills the wagon,
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:28:44 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak