News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ork conversions  (Read 1462 times)

Offline attila the hun

• i have nothing better to do then spy on ppl. . . .
ork conversions
« on: November 11, 2002, 06:27:48 PM »
what are some your ork conversions? do u convert basic troops and how do u convert the?
quickly!Shoot down the grav-tank....nevermind...

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:ork conversions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 03:08:59 AM »
I'll make a list -

Slayer Dread - DCW, Rokkit Launcher, Twin Linked Mega Blasta
Slayer Dread - 2* DCW, 2* Skorchas
These were both heavily converted from IG Sentinels but don't look like them now, however they look a hell of a lot better than the bought ones.

Battlewagon - Zzap, 2*Twin Linked Rokkit Launcher Converted from Landraider, driving cab is position above & behind orginal Twin Heavy Bolter position. Rokkit Launchers in Lascannon Mounts, most of the roof has been cut of.

Trukk - Armour plating, Rokkit Launcher
Converted from Leman Russ, basically looks like an inferior version of the Forgeworld gunwagon

Trukk - Armour plating, Rokkit Launcher
Converted from 2 ork trukks, flat bed has been extended, sides raised, front cab armoured, so it basically looks like a dump truck.

Boyz a  few, made burnas, rokkit launchers, big shootas, ard boyz found lots of different armour plates stuck em on add a few bionic arms

Warboss is in mega armour, repostitioned his arm, made his gun a little bigger, swapped head with the orginal ork warboss head (the one without the helmet or bionic eye)

If you want to no more just post it.

Offline attila the hun

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 05:06:14 PM »
sounds sweet, just wonderin how you did the dreads form sentinels! sounds awsome, i dont personally like the dreads myself either.Also, how did u convert the leman russ?

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 09:15:19 PM »
I wish I had a digital camera to show you.

I got the idea from WD 269 (May NZ) for the dread I used parts from the Landraider like the hatch was converted to a view port. A spare set of foot joints is what the arms attach to. I made most of it out of various plastics, the fact that there's to that look all most identical (in shape)

The trukk made out of the Leman Russ is hard to explain because I have attendecy to chop up my vehicles as I come up with new ideas. (Seez iz a reel mek)
It originally started as LR then I converted it into a LR Demolisher now this, you wouldn't believe me how many dreads I have gone thru. I think my total comes to 5 made, with 1 sentinel absolutley demolished I now have 2 awesome dreads.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 08:06:36 PM by The Scythe of Sematii »

Offline Foolishness

• *feeling Foolish*
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 08:28:13 AM »
My orks consist of 40k bodies with a few of the fantasy spears/dagger for the chopper boys (one boy is painted blue for good luck) got a chaos landraider i converted into a battlewagon. 3 trucks that i flatened out on the back and added roofs. 2 buggies with mega blastas (my own design) and a flamer trakk (converted with a few gorka morka add ons) warboss is an ogryn with a modeled ork head and one arm has been replaced with a power claw. (of a nob in heavy armour) 5 nobs in heavy armour (1 without a power claw) my shoota boys all have converted guns. 9 bikes (3 of the 3 wheelers types [converted with the wheel protections from buggies]) 2 normal bikes (as in a wheel at fornt and back) and 4 normal ones just the shooters added a lil closer to the sides also all riders are gorka morka conversions.

Ok cant be stuffed naming anymore as its almost 1 in the morning.
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Offline attila the hun

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 08:59:05 PM »
sounds cool, for my battlwagon i think im gonna use a leman russ body and convert that with a big platform and then make it have all 5 of the optional bolt on big shoota's, use them if i want.  also, for my deads, im a gonna use a space marine dread and convert it heavily, it will be quite a task >:(

yep, yep, yep.... ::)

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 09:04:53 PM »
Leman Russ is a little small, my trukks are little bigger than a Leman Russ (in length, close to height but not width) I would suggest the Land Raider or the Forgeworld Battlewagon. If you need help with ideas for conversion just give a buzz.

Offline AceV53

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2002, 12:39:27 AM »
I don't have any converted models yet but I have just finished painting another Ork Warbike. It's still unassembled and I'm thinking about a converstion. I'm thinkin about converting shootas into big shootas and just stickin them on the bike somewhere. Yeah it's not a big deal but it's a start I guess.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2002, 12:43:16 AM »
: ) i have a nice warbiker flipping people the bird its online in another post somewhere
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2002, 12:45:10 AM »
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.