News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - campaign concluded, results pending  (Read 15095 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - the campaign concludes!
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2010, 01:14:58 PM »
Hopefully we see something like this again in the not too distant future!!! Good job guys. It's been fun following this so far. (Also enjoying the background that jump started the campaign!)
Thanks prot, I wrote the first draft of it, then the Necron part was fixed and cleaned up by Moc (as lets face it I'm no expert on Necrons, I'm not even an expert on Orks, just a big enthusiast).

I admit that maybe I pushed Gutstikk into running this, what with two years or so of constantly talking about how amazing the last campaign he ran was (which was in 2008 with 4 factions and every race being there, the ultimate goal of which was to discover and power up a lost Eldar titan.  Or at least I think it was a titan, it was a long while ago).

Anyway I think that this wonderful experiment of a cross forum campaign has been real amazing, and I hope that it spreads (like a disease) to the other forum CoCs, and in time resurrect a full 40konline worldwide comp.
Err, did I just let slip my minor megalomania?

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline prot

• Infinity Circuit | KoN Veteran
  • Prot ZA113
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
Yea I hope it makes a return.... Being selfish I hope Necrons/eldar get to participate.

The scoring was complicated... I have to re-read that part. But again the execution, and honesty, background, and participation have been really cool. As is the terrain/prize. You guys deserve a kudos for a really cool event. I don't see this kind of stuff often on the internets, and you guys pulled it off nicely.... keeping it fun and interesting as well.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
Sorry all, apparently I forgot a fourth mission is available. Real life has been full this weekend and I didn't get a chance to recheck my thread. So, by all means, play a 4th match if you can! The campaign concludes this coming weekend on October 30th.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
You here that Prot, your game should count for us Necrons as we all knew that you were a secret member, now go do a short story, a Hero picture with bio, and a Terrain piece for us Machines so that we can secure the Necrodermus generator.

Cheers, and may the Best Machine WIN.

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:25 PM »
Yea I hope it makes a return.... Being selfish I hope Necrons/eldar get to participate.

The scoring was complicated... I have to re-read that part. But again the execution, and honesty, background, and participation have been really cool. As is the terrain/prize. You guys deserve a kudos for a really cool event. I don't see this kind of stuff often on the internets, and you guys pulled it off nicely.... keeping it fun and interesting as well.

Well Prot the scoring could be much MUCH more complicated.  As it is, I think the scoring is pretty spot on, and the only ones that are really crunching those numbers are the two faction leaders (me and NecronCell2131).  Well unless you want to total your own NP, although Gutstikk's been kind enough to provide a handy dandy overview of in the 2nd post of the KoN mega thread (which is this thread by the way).

Everybody remember that the campaign ends this Sat, so get those last games in and Waaagh On!  (Even if you're playing on the Necron side Waaagh On!)

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Yes!!!!!

This coming up game I have scheduled is my living stompa trying to get off the moon to wage waagh on the universe. The necrons have to stop it, the fate of the multiverse hangs in the balance.

Will there be ultimate waagh, or will the orks have to go back to prospecting? Stay tuned to find out more.....
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Yes!!!!!

This coming up game I have scheduled is my living stompa trying to get off the moon to wage waagh on the universe. The necrons have to stop it, the fate of the multiverse hangs in the balance.

Will there be ultimate waagh, or will the orks have to go back to prospecting? Stay tuned to find out more.....

What stats are you using for your living metal stompa / points cost.  I think I got a few players interested in an apocalypse game vs my orks and all their nasties.   

As of now I have a stompa, big squiggoth, and now a mega dread (that i need to build)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
I have an eye in the sky stompa, you can get the data sheet from the GW site. Adding in a few extras like a super burna (get to use the really big flame template) and the living metal rules from the necron codex, all for a nifty 850 points. (I added 100 points to the cost of the stompa for the living metal thing) Then using the scenario Line Breaker from the Battle Missions Book.

Well we played the game and the Nightbringer is one lucky....... 
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206940.0

Of course since there were no ork witnesses this means the orks did not lose, ignore what the tin boys say, they are all just metal that don't know it should be in a stompa anyway.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2010, 07:59:12 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Campaign is now closed for real, but don't expect any updates till Tuesday evening. Once I post up the results the thread can stand for a few days so that we can verify nobody's contributed something that got missed.

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
something that got missed.

Just as a general heads up, as far as I can tell this game: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206545.0 got missed.  I was calling it my week 2 game, but since I didn't get a week 3 or a week 4 in (more's the pity) it could really be stuck wherever.  I'm not in the running for the individual prize, but I would hate to see those metallic gitz claim the overall throne on the basis of that missed game.   ;)

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - campaign concluded, results pending
« Reply #90 on: November 1, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
!

Oh my!

Terribly sorry Azonalanthious, I don't know how I could have missed this!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #91 on: November 1, 2010, 10:30:43 PM »
I have a few other battle reports posted, which are missing on the front page. If you already have them, then super. Otherwise..I hope they can turn the tides in favor to the necrons. Or something.

Here

Here

and here.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #92 on: November 2, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »
Thanks, guys. I'll be adding those in now.

-quick edit - Killersquid, I can't count gothic towards anything, as awesome as it is. The other two I grabbed.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2010, 06:04:14 PM by Gutstikk »

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #93 on: November 2, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »
PS... Don't forget Prot, and do some clean-up on the team lists and please remove those that couldn't get any games in, etc.

Cheers and thanks once again for all your efforts Gutstikk, that was another great campaign.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #94 on: November 2, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
I can't count gothic towards anything
:'( I understand.

I look forward to the results in any case. Thanks again for organizing this thing.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Brutes against Bots - Team Scoring and Individual Notoriety
« Reply #95 on: November 3, 2010, 06:52:01 PM »
Orks Current Standings as of round 3: 27 CP earned
Orks Current Standings as of round 4: 33 CP earned
Orks final score: 36 CP, thanks to taking the bonus for "It's them!"

Sector 1 week 1: 0     Sector 2 week 1: 3     Sector 3 week 1: 2
Sector 1 week 2: 3     Sector 2 week 2: 3     Sector 3 week 2: 3
Sector 1 week 3: 0     Sector 2 week 3: 1     Sector 3 week 3: 3
Sector 1 week 4: 3     Sector 2 week 4: 1     Sector 3 week 4: 3

Bonus Mission 1: 1     Bonus Mission 2: 1     Bonus Mission 3: 1
Campaign Mission Bonus: [3CP for most wins - wins wk1:1    wk2:2     wk3:0     wk4:0]: 3CP [3 played "It's them!"]
Campaign Rivals Setback:                                          wk1:-0   wk2:-1    wk3:0     wk4:0:  -1CP Total
Sector Reassingment Penalty:                                    wk1:-0   wk2:-0   wk3:-0    wk4:-1: -1CP total

Campaign Hero Portraits [out of 9]: 2
Campaign Fiction Submission [out of 9]: 3
Ancient Tablet Marker [out of 9]: 2
Battle Report Participation [+5 if applicable, need 9/9]: 0 [6/9]

Necrons Current Standings as of round 3: 27CP earned
Necrons Current Standings as of round 4: 33CP earned
Necrons Final Score: 33CP total

Sector 1 week 1: 1     Sector 2 week 1: 3     Sector 3 week 1: 2
Sector 1 week 2: 2     Sector 2 week 2: 3     Sector 3 week 2: 3
Sector 1 week 3: 1     Sector 2 week 3: 3     Sector 3 week 3: 3
Sector 1 week 4: 0     Sector 2 week 4: 3     Sector 3 week 4: 3

Bonus Mission 1: 1     Bonus Mission 2: 1     Bonus Mission 3: 1

Campaign Mission Bonus [3CP for most wins - wins wk1:0    wk2:1     wk3:0   wk4:0]:   0CP [2 played "It's Them!"] 
Campaign Rivals Setback:                                         wk1:-1   wk2:-1   wk3:0    wk4:0:  -2CP
Sector Reassingment Penalty:                                  wk1:-0   wk2:-0   wk3:-0   wk4:-0: -0CP

Campaign Hero Portraits [out of 10]: 2
Campaign Fiction Submission [out of 10]: 2
Ancient Tablet Marker [out of 10]: 1
Battle Report Participation [+5 if applicable, need 9/9]: 0 [4/9]

I'd like to point out real quickly that the campaign was a draw before the bonus points awarded for having the most players playing the "It's them!" mission was factored in. That's how tight the race to victory was, but in the final moments of the campaign, the Orks lay claim to the necrodermis generator!

Of course, it's not enough to know which team came out on top, so now to the bigger question, who's got the fiercest reputation?:

Orks NP rating: A)1*Wins   B)1*Batreps   C)1*SpMission   D)2:DblCrss   E)5:CHP   F)5:ATM   G)5:CFS

OD from TV:             18;    A)1,1,0,0   B)0,1,0,0   C)1,1,1,0   D)2    E)0     F)5    G)5
incredibleskulk:         5;    A)1,1,0,0    B)1,2,0,0   C)0,0,0,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0
hekkastor:               12;   A)0,0,0,1    B)0,1,0,0   C)0,0,0,0   D)0    E)5     F)0    G)5
JimmyHatfield:           0;   A)0,0,0,0     B)0,0,0,0   C)0,0,0,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0
Khemri.:                     0;   A)0,0,0,0    B)0,0,0,0   C)0,0,0,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0
Skeetergod:            27;   A)1,1,1,1     B)2,1,1,1   C)2,0,1,0   D)0    E)5     F)5    G)5
Azonalathious:          3;   A)0,0,0,0     B)1,1,0,0   C)1,0,0,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0
Jack_Merridew:         0;   A)0,0,0,0     B)0,0,0,0   C)0,0,0,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0
Angel of death 007:12;   A)2,1,1,1     B)2,1,1,1   C)1,0,1,0   D)0    E)0     F)0    G)0

Necrons NP rating: A)1*Wins   B)1*Batreps   C)1*SpMission  D)2:DblCrss   E)5:CHP   F)5:ATM   G)5:CFS

NecronCell2131:           8; A)1,1,1,1   B)0,0,0,0    C)1,1,0,0     D)2    E)      F)     G)
Blindmage:                   0; A)0,0,0,0    B)0,0,0,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)      F)     G)
Firefox:                         8; A)1,0,0,0    B)2,0,0,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)      F)     G)5
Doopsie:                       0; A)0,0,0,0    B)0,0,0,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)      F)     G)
Lazarisreborn:              0; A)0,0,0,0    B)0,0,0,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)      F)     G)
moc065:                     34; A)2,2,1,1    B)2,2,2,1    C)1,1,1,1     D)2     E)5   F)5   G)5
Killersquid:                 15; A)3,0,1,1     B)3,0,1,1    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)5   F)     G)
Kaiju Senso:                 0; A)0,0,0,0    B)0,0,0,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)      E)      F)     G)
lettheharvestbegin:     3; A)0,0,0,0     B)0,0,1,0    C)2,0,0,0     D)     E)      F)     G)
Davinder:                     3; A)1,0,0,0     B)1,0,0,0    C)1,0,0,0     D)     E)      F)     G)
Prot:                             1; A)0,0,1,0     B)0,0,1,0    C)0,0,0,0     D)     E)     F)     G)

For the Orks top 3 we have:
1st:  Skeetergod, with a whopping 27 notoriety points
2nd: OD from TV, with an excellent 18 notoriety points
3rd:  Hekastor/Angel of Death 007 [tied for 3rd], with a solid 12 notoriety points - entertaining since both played on opposite ends of the campaign, Hekkastor going for special events and Angel of Death 007 going for games and batreps! Nicely done, to you and all your comrades!

For the Necrons top 3 we have:
1st: Moc065, with an utterly devastating 34 notoriety points, hitting arguably just about every event in the contest!
2nd: Killersquid, with an admirable 15 notoriety points
3rd: NecronCell2131/Firefox [tied for 3rd], with a fair 8 notoriety points - and once again, the points come from opposite ends of the campaign! Congratulations to you and your fellow machines!

So, while the Orks take the event, the Necrons put forward the fiercest warrior. Which draws this event to a close. Thank you all for your participation, and now if you don't mind, I'd like a little feedback from you so we can have this run better/more smoothly next time:

If you were a participant:
1: Was it easy to participate in all the events?
2: Was your team leader/coordinator there for you?
3: Were the rules and scoring understandible?
4: Did you have fun/would you join in again if a similar event were run?
5: Did you visit any boards you might not normally go to as a result of this campaign?
6: What was the best thing about the event for you? The worst thing?
7: Any thought or suggestions on how to improve this format [bearing in mind it's meant for ease of use in a forum environment]?

If you were an observer, rather than a participant:
1: Did this event amuse you/provide you with items of interest in your regular forum viewing?
2: Would you join in this event if one of the available factions drew from your codex?
3: What was your favorite element of the campaign? Your least favorite?
4: Did you visit any boards you might not normally go to on this forum as a result of the campaign?

Feel free to add further commentary as needed/desired in both cases, and hope to see you all if/when next we do this sort of thing!

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #96 on: November 3, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
Loved the Campaign.

Congrats to the Boys; but we did Draw for the real points, and don't ever forget it. We also had KillerSquad playing BFG which is good for another 5 Points at least (wicked batrep dude). And we Machines actually have only drifted into Phase, as "We'll Be Back"

As for me, I did miss one thing in the campaign; I never faced off vs other Necrons (we machines don't roll that way - its purely for the lower-life forms)

Yup; but I wanted more -- like another 2 rounds at least
Yup
Yup
Yup Yup Yup
5: Did you visit any boards you might not normally go to as a result of this campaign?
Nope, I run both armies though, its not a factor for me. And Actually I would play for another faction in the next event, as its my thing to diversify.
Best was the 2 weeks to get a game in, worst was not enough rounds to kick Ork arse. Bonus rounds were a bonus (seriously, as they added variety to the missions, etc)
7: Any thought or suggestions on how to improve this format [bearing in mind it's meant for ease of use in a forum environment]?
Nope, I loved it all aside from it ending. Ok, one thing - for the bonus vs your own race, I would have prefered if both this, and the on vs the other race (Orks vs Necrons) were available for the entire campaign, and then have a bonus mission for each round as well (Yes I am a gaming hog).

Cheers and Thanks once again to all of you, I loved it and I do believe that Gutstikk has actually outdone himself (Woot - and my hat goes of to him).

PS, I might be the most notable; but I actually failed to secure the Tablet (Draw), and I tabled the poor bugger in "Its Them" so that should have put us over the top.
PPS. SKEETERGOD, I will find you out there, and kick some Orky Arse. (JK)
« Last Edit: November 3, 2010, 07:46:19 PM by moc065 »

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #97 on: November 4, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »
-The over lapping game schedule was kinda confusing and at one point got me a bit off track.  The hard thing for me was actually finding players to play against at my LGS as there are no necron players and only one other ork player it made the bonus missions hard to play.  Having a trip in the 3rd/4th week and being gone for a week kinda was hectic.  As far as the portrait and fiction goes I am not that great of a writer so fiction for me was out from the start.  As far as the portriat goes that is one I really wanted to do but ran out of time.

Yes he was really on top of everything and kept the ork side running well.

Yes

absolutely most of my games were against a guy i never played before and we became good friends so I got a new gaming friend now and my other oppenent was really cool as well. 

not really, I have a tendency to float around quite a bit.  I spent a lot more time on the battle reports section than I usually do.

I have several best (s)
-as mentioned prior I got to meet 2 new players who both have similiar schedules as me
-I played more games in this campaign then I usually get to play in a 6 month period of time
-it kept me motivated to work on my army before the first week i partially built 6 kans and 2 deff dreads plus added a buzzsaw conversion to one kopta.  During the campaign I magnatized all 6 kans and the deff dreads, converted all my ard boyz, primed my kans, dreads, kommandos, and ard boys, painted 10 boyz, my deff kopta, and a deff dread.  Considering I went to Vegas for a week, work full time and got 5 games in that was quite an accomplishment (not to mention writing and doing an ork painting article).

Worst thing was the lack of time.  Losing a week in the middle/end really set me back.  I would have loved to do an objective marker (as I definately need them) and a portrait for Mad Dok and Snikrot for the campaign but time kicked my butt.

The format was really good.  The only thing that made it a bit hard was how divided it was.  I know when I posted a battle report I had to post it in one section and then link it to two others.  There has to be someway to make it easier.  I don't remember doing all that in 08 but i don't remember  that much from then.  But it comes to mind that everything was all kinda lumped together (don't quote me) which made it a little easier.

I thought the scoring was a bit harsh.  The most points you could score was 3? for a battle in a week if you did the bonus mission and all.  But a portrait or a fiction piece nabbed ya 5.  I dunno IMHO I think those should have scored somewhere closer to 3 points each. 

I liked how it utilized more than just the gaming aspect though that was really cool. 

I will say though only playing it between 2 different army types made it a bit harder.  I liked the competition of it but would like to see a campaign in the future that incorperates all the different fractions even if some are combined or grouped mostly because it allows you to kind of ally with other armies and would set the stage for some great team battles or even an apocalypse battle somewhere near the end. It would be doable if 3 or 4 different races were allied together. 

I think we definately got some people viewing the boards after this and that both the ork and necron boards probably got a lot more viewing than normal due to this campaign which is a great thing.  I look forward to another campaign in the future.  You can count me in.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Brutes against Bots - Team Scoring and Individual Notoriety
« Reply #98 on: November 4, 2010, 03:31:42 AM »
Well if anyone caught Skeetergod's last Bat-rep his Orks certainly made a Necrodermis Stompa... and then it got wiped out (along with the Mek that built it!) by the Necrons, so in my book neither race has the Necrodermis generator, making it a flat out tie despite what the points say.  (Speaking of points I knew it was going to be close, but not that close!  I mean wow!  You Necrons sure put up a tough fight, I'd hate to have to play against you guys in a competition like this again, because I know you won't be pulling any punches and are out for blood!)

And it's only fitting that I mail this Necron terrain piece of to Moc (although I'm not looking forward to the overseas shipping).

So lets get down to brass tax on the last remarks...
Hmm... no, I mean yes!  It's not hard to put some time and work in, and frankly it was a lot more fun then work.  I fully blame/credit this competition for getting me to write fluff again (its been a while), and the games I got in were more then your regular games, they were incredibly memorable as not only were they interesting missions with an actual outcome, one of the games was the first time I tried the IA 8 list (and won with it!), played against my favorite Nurgle Skumgrod (who made it his personal responsibility to make sure I wasn't going to get that ancient tablet).

Well seeing how I was the Ork coordinator I can say yes, I was there for everybody ('Tell them I was there for you, TELL THEM!').  That parenthesis bit is a joke (obviously).  I think I didn't do the best job of coordinating the Ork team as I could have.  The best part of coordination I did (in my opinion) was every day (or every other day) update the main thread with an organized list of sector deployments, current stats, and the like.  I possibly could have encouraged further participation if I PM-pestered the guys, but last time I was a Faction Leader in an event like this I got the feeling that all the PMs were frankly annoying and didn't allow for any showcasing of the hard work that the players had done.

Yes they were understandable.  At least to me.  Granted I did ask for clarification before the start of the campaign.

Yes I had fun (a BLAST actually) and Yes I would not only join, but do my best to assist with the creation of the event even if it didn't involve any of the races that I play

Well its been a long time since I visited the fluff board (I mean Fiction), and since the beginning of the campaign I'm pretty sure I've spent more time reading and going thru posts here in the Campaign board then the Ork board.

Best thing was definitely the fluff writing.  I started out a whole different Waaagh background for an army that I'm now going to have to make with a completely different paint scheme then my current umpteen-whatever point Ork army.  Sure I don't 'have' to, but I'm going to.

The Worst thing would have to be the time constraints I've had this month due to real life (relationship ended, 3 midterms, research papers, drama over the convention, etc) which is not an answer that is really applicable to this question.  I think the hardest thing both to try and explain and do was the scattered/extended mission days, where mission X was finishing up and Mission Y had just started it got a little confusing when figuring out who was reporting what mission.

Possibly stretching the time out a bit more.  Everything felt really rushed at the end.

If you were an observer, rather than a participant:
1: Did this event amuse you/provide you with items of interest in your regular forum viewing?
I can't imagine how it couldn't be amusing... oh wait I'm not supposed to answer that question.

Peace
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #99 on: November 4, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
I had a blast, and have had to buy some more orks....

AND! I got a green smiley out of the deal  ;D

Yes and no, yes in that the schedule was fair, however I had to do some over the phone coordinating to get things set up for that weeks mission. (more on that below)

Yes, it was apparent he was actually paying attention to the thread and the goings on of the orks, as well as leading the way in battle.

3: Were the rules and scoring understandable?
Yup

Yes, I had a blast, having a themed campaign like this was great, most fun I have had for a while on this forum

Yes I was spying reading the necron boards so I could steal discover sneaky tricks that necrons use and plan to counter them

The best part was having a mission rather than just a beat up on the other army format. The worst thing is the heavy price I had to pay for borrowing she who must be obeyeds camera. However the silver lining in that is I understand from a little birdy on the wire that there might be something along the lines of digital media creator thingie somewhere in the wrapping paper this holiday.

The only improvement would be to post the weeks mission ahead of time. For example at the start of the campaign list all 4 or 5 bonus missions, then at the start of the appropriate week fluff them out a little. This way those of us who have to coerce coordinate with other players to get a themed game in can start the bribery planning early. Only a minor thing, but hey, you asked.

On a side note I did get two new people to sign up to this forum, lettheharvestbegin and Commissar Fuklaw.
  So this campaign did help the forum grow a little

Oh! and did I mention I got a green smiley?