News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My 5 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
My 5 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11
« on: September 2, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »
So I've been working on these for a while now and I think overall they have worked out quite well

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:32:19 PM by Unite All Action Your Cultist! »
To see more check out my blog

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: My 3 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
You gotta love the classic OoP models, especially when they're rebuilt like these puppies are.

Do they conform to the new Battlewagon size?  They don't have to since they are the classic, but inquiring minds would like to know.  I also gotta say that I dig that battle damaged floor and beat up rams, they don't really look reinforced anymore!

Great work Unite All Action Your Cultist, I hope you post pics of them when they're painted

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
Surprisingly there are actually bigger than the new model as I am not a great fan of it and I will posted a more pics, The models themselves are quite expensive to come across on eBay.  Although I set myself a limit at £20 each and considering a friend was buying the ork trucks to convert for his Imperial guard army it turned out not too expensive, considering he gave me all the bits that he didn't want.

And the ones that I eventually got were a bit battered and bruised but that didn't matter at all considering I was going to convert them anyway.
The Problem is now I just need to get another 3 as I want them all the same. :idea:

just show the size with ork beside the models

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
These just make me smile.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 2, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
I hear ya about disliking the new/current Battlewagon.  It just looks so... well I can't think of a way to say it without resorting to obscenities, so I'll just say that the new/current Battlewagon is a bad model.

And as for wanting to get more, heck I'd be happy with one, which in the event I ever do manage to get my grubby hands on I'd do a conversion that completely mimics yours.  These are truly Orky models!  I mean they just scream Ork, and are easily the best konverzion I've seen in a long time.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline orksforthewin

• Orks luv puppies, there low in fat
« Reply #5 on: September 2, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »
Those models do look really good. I have to disagree about the current bw's...i like the current models or maybe i should say i like the kit. I have used bits from that kit for tons of conversions.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »
Ahhhh  Yes! More battle wagons are always good  8)

Are you going to add death rollers? The rams look really good, maybe if you put a row of the "chainsaw" choppas across the top you could say it counts as a death roller.

Definitely post pictures when you get them painted.

BTW--- I am insanely jealous that you get to use a camera without she who must be obeyed's permission ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
Those models do look really good. I have to disagree about the current bw's...i like the current models or maybe i should say i like the kit. I have used bits from that kit for tons of conversions.

Last thing I want is to turn this post into an old debate but in regards to the current battle wagon simply put it should have been this but in plastic.

I have one ,it looks awesome. When they released it I was extremely disappointed :-[ but I can see its appeal to some.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 4, 2010, 04:17:50 AM »
I'll be good and not bring up any more of my dissatisfaction with the current model as I in no way meant to steer the course of conversation into that gray area filled with opinion (which usually has the older Ork players against the current Battlewagon and the newer players for, note this is just an observation I've had over the past 2 years since the Battlewagon's release).

I do have to agree with you Unite All Action, Games Workshop would have done themselves a favor if they had based their plastic battlewagon after the design Forgeworld released.  If I'm not mistaken they've renamed the kit something else.  But just look at that beauty, and its still done up like the 3rd Edition ruleset with the twin Big Shootas and Bolt-ons.

Truly great stuff Unite All Action!

Peace
~OD

Post Script: Isn't that the classic Imperial Guard detailing frame I see in the background?

Offline JimmyHatfield

• Ork Boy
  • It looks like that guy fell on a can of red paint
« Reply #9 on: September 5, 2010, 05:02:59 AM »
I have discovered that various GI Joe vehicles can make good battlewagons.  The plastic is easily convertable and the treads look great.  You'd be suprised what cool shapes you can get from the underside of some of those vehicles.

Offline Mekaniak

• Green is Best!
    • Orks
« Reply #10 on: September 7, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
Those old battlewagons sure bring back memories.
Can't wait to see em painted

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
« Reply #11 on: October 9, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
Finish these a little while ago and have only recently had the time to post an update overall and very pleased the way they have turned ou,t and am eagerly on the hunt for more all battlewagons which in turn will make my collection to 6 in total.

so can I have some teeth to start me off. ;D

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: My 3 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 09.10.10
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
Those are stonking great!  The battle damage, the funnycar design, the working details like the boarding plank, you've really outdone yourself.  How many complete kits did it take to make these, not counting all the plasticard work?
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #13 on: October 9, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
Good looking battle wagons...  I think you have souped up the very old BW's nicely wth some modern orky parts...  A thumbs up for that!

As for the new bw,I agree with what everyone has said about it just being...  ok...  I really think theycould have done a better job with it...  It's not terrible though either... 

The forge world one is better though...  I think the GW one could have been more agressive... 

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Skarshak

• Let the Waaagh Continue!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »
Those look absolutely fantastic!
Excellent job!  ;)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
Re: My 5 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »
As you probably know my hobby is being kicked into overdrive lately to get ready for a tournament I am attending at the end of the month and I thought I would update yourselves on the current project in hand

Below you'll find some of my most recent purchases.....more rogue trader battle wagons! You can check out the link below to see the ones I have already finished.

this is the list that I am going to take to the tournament.
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214764.0

All 5 back-to-back and as you can see they look pretty dominating

as I know how to do them now and I am really pleased as to how they have turned out! and I have tried to add more detail which makes them look better with the use of more plastic card.

I have learnt that I love rogue trader battle wagons more as they are great! The model itself has not dated at all as it was out in the early 90's and I am still in love with it.

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
Re: My 3 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »
I really like the Wagonz man :)   They look fantastic!   The paint jobs aren't too shabby either, I think you did pretty damn good on the checkerboard pattern.

-Brett
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Ben Franklin

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: My 3 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Very nice work.  I love all the conversions.  I used to really like those wagons but you made them a lot better. 

The painting on some of the others is really detailed.  Keep up the good work.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: My 5 New/Old 1990s Battlewagon Pimped out updated 11.06.11
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
Funny...  I was looking over the thread and thinking, haven't I read this before...  Then I looked at the date on the orginal post and realized I had...

It's good to see you finishing the wagons...  You should sign them up for the scrap yard build off since you are going to have them painted soon anyhow! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!