Time for a new war troopers....Time for a Mechanized War!
Twentieth Imperial Guard painting competition:Chimera Category
What a way to start our trek into IG Armour with the first contest of the most well known and most produced tank in the IG armory the Chimera! This is the most renown IFV of the IG. The rules from the last competition still stand. You should take up to 3 pictures of said choice. This one is pretty simple - as there isn't much that can go wrong......Right!
*The Chimera has a long history with the IG, troopers. Everyone of us knows what one looks like, so I am going to be a bit more strict with conversion/entries this time then usual. If your an IG player and don't own such a tank, are you really in the IG? A trukk with guardsmen in it is not a chimera guys. Please be aware of the title of this contest. Enjoy!
**Now, because I can just see this being a nightmare to operate - there is a single condition in this one. This is limited to the first 20 people to post their submissions. Anymore than that - and this just become unmanageable. It's first come, first served. However - if you get taken out of the competion (for breaking the rules, or posting bad quality photos) your submission will be ignored and a spot will stay open.
And please, PLEASE read the rules before posting. We don't want to ban anyone again. RULES AND STUFF
- You now have 3 weeks time to post a maximum of 3 pictures of whatever your heart desires (as long as it's off the same unit / diorama etc...) - what exactly you can post for the competition is mentioned above. Having a legal choice for your submission is also required (if applicable for this), unless it's converted for the cool factor (i.e. Guardsmen with jetpacks - but the jetpacks count as Rough Riders.)
- You may only have one submission.
- Your submission does not have to be converted, but it DOES have to be fully painted and based.
- After the 3 weeks, a polling thread will be created, with a single picture of your submission. Your other pictures will be linked to so others can get a more detailed look.
- Voting will last 1 week.
- DO NOT post "Wow, that looks awesome!" etc in here. I will order them deleted and they will be marked as spam. This thread is for your submissions and questions.
- We want no more than 3 GOOD QUALITY photos. Crappy photos from a mobile phone/crap camera/whatever will not be accepted. Besides, who the hell would vote for a blurry photo of something they can't quite make out?
- Pictures will abide by the size rule that is made clear in our FAQ and Rules section stickied in this forum.
- Be mindful of your picture size as well. Don't post 3 x 10 megabyte monsters. Some people do not have a rapid internet connection. That means 600x450 pixels and no larger!
- Please post your pictures in here rather than just linking them. It makes life easier for all involved.
Alrighty guys, get posting!
You have 3 weeks. Let's see what you've got!Winners so far!
Best Painted Command Squad - Kreslack Kross
Best Painted Advisors - Nurgleboy77
Best Painted Veterans - Parak
Best Painted Abhumans - Warhead
Best Painted Glory Boys - Dr_Ruminahui
Best Painted Open Category - Col.Gravis
Best Painted Techpriest Enginseer - Markay
Best Painted Infantry Squad - Chris Parsons
Best Painted Conscripts - Skankin_Catachan
Best Painted Open Category 2 - Sputnik
Best Painted Baneblade - BrassScorpion
Best Painted Armoured Fist Squads - Aircav
Best Painted IG Army - Parak
Best Painted Guardsman - Corax
Best Painted Valkyrie - Wuxiong
Best Painted Sentinel - Fugitive
Best Painted Open Category 3 - PaxImperator
Best Painted Hellhound - lijah_cuu
Best Painted Rough Rider - Talon Raven